2015/12/13

Dead on Campus: A Movie Review



Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, whenever it is that you're reading this.  I'm back for another movie review, this time a flick called Dead on Campus.  "A freshman on campus discovers that the only way to be admitted into the sorority of her dreams is to seduce a nerdy introverted guy and film it. When the sorority "prank" goes viral, the boy is discovered dead from apparent suicide, but his sister does not buy it. She goes under cover to expose the sororities' hidden secrets."  Over on IMDB it currently has a ranking of 5.0, well as of 12/12!  It stars Katelyn Tarver, Tamara Duarte and Nicki Aycox.  It is time to go back to school!

  • 90 minutes, a decent running time, that is a good start!
  • How old were those "sisters?"
  • Do they have cardboard steps?  
  • Nat's roommate is a plant, almost positive.  I don't trust Sophia Davis
  • Is this how Sororities really are?  
  • Is this how College is suppose to be?  I missed out I guess
  • That scene seemed pointless
  • This one chick looks like Charlotte Flair
  • For not wanting to seduce this guy she is doing a pretty good job and isn't struggling that much
  • Sumner makes me look like a ladies man!
  • Pretty cool peeps?  Did I write this dialog?  No I wouldn't write anything that bad
  • Where can I get a shirt like that?  I want to make sure I NEVER shop there!  BAM!
  • Is his sister Asian?
  • That cop has a goatee?  Really?
  • Right now I might be wrong about the run time.  This is not great thus far
  • Most of the people in this flick are weird looking.  Just slightly strange.  Its...odd
  • I'm confused, is Alexa after Sumners sister or Nat?  Or both?
  • Well that was stupid.  Simple story.  We went out a second time.  We got in a fight when he asked if I wanted to get high and fool around.  I told him I don't do that and kicked him out of my room
  • A Freshmen has a portfolio?
  • He isn't shocked by his daughter suddenly appearing home?
  • Was that a dude?  Or that woman had HUGE manly feet
  • It is really easy to set people up apparently
  • Jail?  For a first time offense?  Really?
  • There are certain people at this party that couldn't get in if they had God himself with them
  • Nat sure look inconspicuous!
  • Really?  No real dirt but they then blackmail her?
  • Oh they'll play that video on the big screen.  Of course.
  • That is a horrible hair style Nat!
I guess I'll start off with a rating.  I guess I'll give it a 4/10.  Everything was average at best.  A decent plot to start off with although it got a little convoluted near the end with the revelation that there was no blackmail only the implication of blackmail yet then kind of blackmailing her in a sense but not exactly.  

The acting was also average at best and for the most part subpar.  Katelyn was okay but that was about it.  I hate to single someone out but Ashanti performance was especially bad.  I wonder however if it was her abilities or the script, which was also very bad.  I admit I didn't have what you would call a "normal" college experience but if this was anything like I'm glad I got kicked out!

There were also several seemingly unneeded scenes.  The scene with Nat and Sophia shopping was pointless as was the intern.  Also there wasn't much point in the entire dad girlfriend storyline.  Why bother with it at all?  It did nothing for the story and I guess was a red herring.  Also for that matter why use Natalie at all?  Because of the whole mom thing?  It is just odd.  I mean why not use one of your more powerful minions instead of a newbie you have no control over.

Oh one other glaring flaw that I saw.  When they blackmailed Natalie they didn't use gloves AND her fingerprints wouldn't be on the bag.  How could a basic cop not find that?  Or did Alexa own the cops too?

I can't recommend you go see this.  It is average if not slow and underwhelming.  If you catch it on cable its worth it but not even worth the DVR space as far as I'm concerned.  Until next time...Abyssinia!

1 comment:

mada saga said...

What are the best and worst movies in the world? How can anybody possibly rank something like that? Surely it's all subjective. But that's what the team at Reviews of Movies On CinemaHDv2 strives to accomplish. https://cinemahdv2.net/reviews-movie-on-cinema-hd/