2016/01/02

The Condemned 2: A review


Good morning, afternoon or evening whenever you're check this out.  I am back after a few weeks off.  Once the Walking Dead went on break and Fallout 4 came out I have been distracted.  However I am back for an occasional review until the Walking Dead returns.  This time I'm checking out The Condemned 2 from WWE Studios.  "A former bounty hunter who finds himself on the run as part of a revamped Condemned tournament, in which convicts are forced to fight each other to the death as part of a game that's broadcast to the public."  I enjoyed the first Condemned with Vinnie Jones and Stone Cold.  This one stars Randy Orton, Eric Roberts and Wes Studi.  As of 2016/01/02 it has a 4.2 over on IMDB.  
  • Are they in a Fallout?  That is totally a wasteland barricade, trust me I've broken through a lot of them lately!
  • Is this the new version of bum fights, bum drugging?
  • These guards have to be related to stormtroopers
  • Probably should've used silenced weapons guys, just saying
  • Hey I think that one guy was Hanks partner on Breaking Bad
  • I think Randy Orton might be the worst bounty hunter EVER!
  • Well that is the end of that guy!
  • Judges sure do give a lot of speeches in movies, I wonder if they do in real life
  • I hope his dad is Cowboy Bob!  Wrestling reference #1
  • Oh...instead it is Eric Roberts, not nearly as cool
  • Wow dad is pretty caring, a real pops
  • The music in this flick is a little oppressive
  • Excellent, a car fixing/towing montage
  • Oh its his friend...not a set up for sure!
  • Is he looking up...for the satellite?  
  • Oh its a drone, my bad
  • SLEEPER!  Wrestling reference #2
  • Wow, you can break a neck much easier then I would have expected
  • Doesn't suspect anything?  Really?
  • Why did dad go with them if he was so worried?
  • How did Lange NOT see a guy sitting up right as he stepped past him
  • Why ignore the other two guns for a handgun?  That you've already shot probably half the ammo out of
  • Awesome, kill the kids...oh wait they'll get their phones out instead.  Sadly that is exactly how kids would act.  Not call for help, video tape it
  • Through the scope I hope!
  • Why would he trust ANYONE at this point?  
  • Yep, its Fallout, he has a sniper rifle AND goggles
  • Okay the goggles & dune buggy is closer to Mad Max
  • Wait, that person had a sock monkey stocking cap...IN THE DESERT?
  • A lot of jumping over things in this flick
  • Wait...Eric Roberts isn't a bad guy?  Really?  Don't trust me at all
  • They didn't hear the cop coming?
  • How did Travis find them?
  • FINALLY!  Why hadn't they thought of that before?  Kill the drone and they have no idea where you are
  • Cooper has a nice beard.  I could have done that role, my beard is better.  Just saying!
  • Awful dark for before 5pm
  • Isn't Travis still out there?
  • Wait...the map lead them TO the gambling HQ?
  • Ah yes, there is Travis.  Who will he side with though?
  • Yeah figured
  • How are there no cops or military yet?
  • Really?  A knife fight?  Just shoot him Will
  • I guess they're doing the knife fight thing to make it different
  • So people actually think Raul can kill Will?  Really?
  • Was that EMT laying down on the gurney while helping that guy?
First off, Wow!  Steven Michael Quezada was much better on Breaking Bad.  He is REALLY over the top here, like silly over the top.  80's action villains weren't this over the top.  Although he is a little like the leader guy in Warriors.  

The concept of the flick is interesting.  The use of drones and people using cellphones is an interesting commentary on society.  

The concept of these "rich" people gambling on this underground event makes little sense.  The first flick made sense as it was just the general public, kind of like Death Race.  But this, underground death game makes little sense but who knows maybe I'm wrong.

The acting ranged from okay to bad.  As I mentioned to start off with Quezada was HORRIBLE in this flick.  When I saw Eric Roberts was in this I assumed he'd be the bad guy.  Roberts was good as was Orton surprisingly enough.  He has the look and is decent enough actor that he could be one of those B action star I think.  He's nothing special but then again neither was Van Dam or Steven Seagal.  

The rest of the cast did a decent job.  No one stood out good or bad.  Visually it was decent.  The explosions were over the top like an action movie should be.  

Overall it wasn't bad for what it was.  I give it a 5/10.  Average.  I probably won't watch it again but if I was home and it came on TV I wouldn't turn it off either.  

There you go a new blog.  I'll try to done one or two a week till The Walking Dead returns.  If you have a flick you want me to review let me know in the comments.  As always, until next time...Abyssinia!

No comments: