2013/01/14

Thoughts on the 20th Anniversary of Raw

Tonight is the 20th anniversary of Monday Night Raw!  Here are my thoughts as the show is happening:
  • Seeing Gorilla Monsoon in the opening made me miss hearing Bobby and Gorilla
  • Cool that they are giving a mix of all the Raw openings
  • Hearing all the old opening songs made the current one seem horrible
  • Should have started the show off with the sound of glass breaking in my opinion, they are in Texas after all
  • I miss the times that they had the announcers mic's turned off during the interviews.  Michael Cole's "Wow" and their constant comments are annoying
  • Dolph vs. Cena again?  Why?  They haven't buried Dolph enough?
  • Vince's suit and tie are amazingly calm and subtle tonight
  • I liked how they had Alberto Del Rio defeat the Big Show in the last man standing.  The table idea was pretty cool
  • I really want to see Show knock Mr. McMahon
  • This is not how they should started the show.  They needed to start the show with something hot, a quick big match, not talking
  • Why wouldn't Big Show take a title shot?  Makes no sense
  • I like JBL but his announcing has not been good since returning months ago
  • Okay Show's explanation of not taking the title shot makes sense, good job
  • It does look like Show has lost a little bit of weight
  • A Harlem Globetrotters reference by JBL...really?
  • Nice to see the TNA Tag Team Champion Chavo Guerrero getting beat up
  • The IC Champ doesn't even get an entrance?  Really?  
  • Was that the worst Thesz Press ever?  That was horrible Randy!
  • Barrett vs. Orton, King of the Rear chin lock match
  • Barrett with a clean win over Randy Orton?!  I am shocked, really shocked.  First time in a long time that WWE has surprised me with a match, and that is a good thing
  • YES!  More Team Hell No Anger Management sketches!
  • Throwing in Damien and Cody makes this one of my favorite segments of all time
  • YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
  • Is it wrong that I want to see Sheamus Brogue Kick the mom in the K-Mart commercial
  • Mick Foley is going into the Hall of Fame.  If anyone deserves it is Mick!  One of my personal favorites
  • I like the Shield but not giving Mick a chance to celebrate getting into the HoF is not cool
  • Why replay almost the entire segment?  
  • Instead of giving Mick his time it is now a Ryback interview?  I don't like it at all and I like Ryback and the Shield but damn it I wanted a Mick Foley video!
  • A gimmick package yet no Foley package?  What ever!
  • Eve Torres is ending her run with the company tonight it is being reported, which is sad, as she has been a great diva.  
  • Kaitlyn is the new Diva's champion, probably the best choice they have right now.  Also nice that it is in her home town
  • Did JBL just mention Disco Inferno?  
  • I hope this is the beginning of a Brodus character change.  He should be a monster not a JYD rip off
  • A really good match and shows how good both guys can be
  • Sadly Punk is going to lose the title at the Royal Rumble even though they shouldn't take the belt off him
  • I really missed the Rock N Sock connection.  They have such great chemistry together
  • An over the top rope challenge?  These always appear come rumble time
  • I seriously hate 3MB
  • Another surprising win, 3MB with a win
  • Again I seriously hate 3MB, not in a good way but in a get off my TV way
  • Braden Walker mentioned on Raw.  What is with all these references
  • I really hate the face Miz
  • Ric Flair, the man who burned a lot of his good will with the fans by being a general d-bag
  • This entire segment has been a waste of time.  No point at all other than to give Flair a pay day 
  • Did I just see Alex Riley on Raw?  Oh it was in a video package, okay that makes sense
  • Where is the Shield when I want them!  They interrupt a segment that shouldn't have been interrupted and yet they let this one go on and on and on.  Finally Antonio comes out
  • Another horrible segment on a show that should have been huge for the company
  • Didn't think about it till now, but Steve Austin wanting a piece of Tyson's ass....was that a jail reference?  I'd assume Tyson was pitching not receiving
  • Is D-Bry a face or heel?  I don't get it at all.  He of course is going to lose since Kane won earlier
  • Moments ago Michael?  Matt Stryker reported it nearly an hour ago.  WWE needs to get their shit together
  • Once again WWE has surprised meas D-Bry gets a win.  That worries me that they will lose the titles at the Rumble
  • Lots of kids in the audience tonight
  • Another horrible segment with AJ and the weddings of Raw.  Not a good show in my opinion thus far.  Rather forgettable.
  • I may no be a John Cena fan he made a kids day when he gives them his ring gear.  That kid tonight will never forget tonight and that is why Cena will always be a superstar.   Like him or hate him as a wrestler or whatever, he does so much for those who have so little.  All respect for Johnny C as he called himself tonight
  • Here comes the stupid dueling chants.  I hate them all!
  • The one time I wanted to be surprised by WWE I wasn't.  A lot of people blame Cena but I blame the creative team that seems to believe that Cena can't lose
  • Time for another Rock Concert, I think number 3
  • Turn off the announcers mics damn it!
  • No Undertaker, no Shawn Michaels, no Bret Hart, kind of disappointed that we didn't get more cameos
  • Rock isn't really playing all that PG thus far
  • Seriously I don't want to hear Lawler laugh anymore
  • This is already starting to drag a bit for me
  • Okay the line "Not the expensive kind" got me.  While it is dragging the Vicki stuff was kind of funny
  • "Hey look there is a fat fuck with a steelers jersey on the screen.  Wait its me!  YES!"  - the fat fuck in a steelers jersey at Raw
  • I kind of want one of those Knees to Faces shirts

An okay show for my first show back giving my thoughts.  I hope to be back every week now that things in my life has settled down.  Until next time...abyssinia!

No comments: