2013/01/21

Raw review for 1-21-13

I missed the opening segment where Vicki Guerrero banned The Rock from the building and started the show with the first Beat the Clock match between Randy Orton and Antonio Ceasaro.


  • Orton does the worst Thesz Press in history I think
  • I don't like the idea of giving them the chance to pick their number, although I sort of want Ziggler to win and take number one and win.  Sadly I'm betting Cena wins with yet another win over Ziggler
  • I've liked the slow build for Antonio.  Excellent usage of the US Title in my opinion
  • The announcing has been 100% better since they've allowed Michael Cole to just announce and not be a bad guy
  • Not a fan of Orton winning this match.  There is no reason not to continue to give Antonio the rub of beating top guys
  • Nice to see Zack Ryder used effectively
  • Not a fan of where the Brad Maddox character has gone
  • I do like Brad Maddox and Paul Heyman's interactions however
  • Uggg, 3MB, really?  They have X-Pac heat
  • Ryback has lost a little bit of steam but still over.  It'll be interesting to see what they do with him at the Rumble and Mania
  • Worst looking fake cops in a while
  • Sad when a WWE personality asks about illogic on the show
  • Also sad when there is an obvious reason
  • Time for some CM Punk
  • I love CM Punk promos, because he is honest.  Reminds me of Jericho a few years ago.  Also of what Mick Foley said in his first book, a heel has to believe what he is doing and you can tell Punk does
  • I hate that reports say that Punk is going to lose to the Rock at the Royal Rumble.  Here is what I'd do
    • I'd have Big Show win his title back
    • I'd have Punk win his match
    • I'd have The Rock beat up Heath Slater and take his spot (or have someone like Yoshi give it to him)
    • I'd have Rock win the rumble
    • On Raw I'd have Show talk about how no one can beat him, no one on Raw or Smackdown
    • Have Cena come out and challenge him and get the win the belt
    • Have Cena then talk about how he will take on all challengers
    • Rock comes out and says they set a record last year lets do it one more time but for the title because he picks you John Cena
    • Meanwhile Punk mocks Big Show and says unlike him he actually has beat all the major stars and there are no challengers left
    • Time to play the game plays as Triple H comes out only to be destroy by Brock Lesnar setting up their match
    • Following weeks Punk continues to talk about how no one can beat him and he has beat every WWE Superstar in every kind of match
    • At the Elimination Chamber Punk wins by pinning all five men 
    • Punk says he won't even wrestle at Mania because what is the point...HE IS THE BEST IN THE WOR...blackness.  Lights back up and there is Taker and he Tombstones Punk setting up their match.  
    • You've got Punk/Taker, HHH/Lesnar, and Rock/Cena II and it makes them all seem important and you continue with Punk keeping the belt.  The big problem then comes at Mania with Punk/Taker.  Perhaps a DQ finish but with Taker putting Punk in a casket or something like that building to rematch at the next PPV to send Taker on his year long vacation again
    • That stuff isn't that bad and it was off the top of my head, imagine if I put some effort into it as a profession
  • Miz vs. Ziggler  in the Beat the Clock.  COME ON ZIGGLER!
  • Did King just call AJ a hooker?
  • Why have they just dropped the AJ/Vicki/Ziggler storyline?  Could have been interesting
  • I don't believe the Miz can win a match unless it is against Ziggler
  • As much as I hate face Miz he does seem rejuvenated 
  • AJ is so damn hot, only Brooke Tessmacher trumps her right now in my opinion
  • Wow Miz just screwed up the Figure Four and almost any kid in his backyard can do that move
  • Anger Management graduation!  YES PLEASE!  YES! YES! YES!
  • Love D-Bry's combed hair and his beard is awesome!
  • I never thought these two would be my favorites but they are.  They are amazing
  • Doctor Shelby is great in his role and getting his own chant.  I don't know where they found him but its been perfect
  • I love this stuff, its so goofy but just fun
  • Starting to become a Kaitlyn fan, she has a unique look and style that I dig
  • She does need a better finisher though, not a fan of the spear
  • If I buy a ticket does that mean that I can go to the ring as well?  I have a few things I'd like to say to Vince and his "creative team"
  • The Shield attacks the Rock which means one man will lay out all three possibly.  Where is Team Hell No?  Randy Orton?  Sheamus?  Ryback?  Doesn't make sense
  • Surprised the Rock got laid out but just continues to make me believe that Punk won't get to Vegas with the WWE Belt
  • Barrett vs. Sheamus in the last Beat the Clock?  
  • Did Cole just say that Sheamus would be the first man to win back to back Rumbles?  I can't rewind but I know Hogan did 90 and 91
  • I kind of wanted to see Sheamus give AJ the Brogue Kick
  • Wow Cole just called the Blackhole Slam the Winds of Change, something they haven't done for a while
  • I love that Vicki just screwed Dolph.  Goes with my idea from above however
  • Will the go with Punk getting stripped of the title instead of him getting pinned?  Don't like either idea
  • Are they really going to close the show with a Cena segment?  Good grief enough is enough guys!
  • Also didn't Vince lose his power earlier this year to Triple H?
  • Alberto isn't a horrible face, not sure why the dropped the car gimmick
  • Tensai getting the main event spot tonight!  Way to go Fat Albert
  • I like that Alberto has been using different moves to end matches.  Very cool
  • Richardo's bow tie is horrible
  • Bob Backlund is going into the Hall of Fame.  I really dug his heel turn in 94 and the match with Bret Hart when he turned was one of my favorites
  • Also I love the Crossface Chickenwing finisher
  • They need to take the mic away from Cena for a while
  • They keep trying to make Cena a poor mans Rock, just stop him please
  • Listen to the crowd.....and their silence.  Are you listening to it Vince?  It is obvious that people don't care.
  • I think I'd rather have seen more of Tensai or perhaps a Santino match instead of this to close the show
  • The Prime Time Players in the main event segment!  AWESOME!  Love these guys player
  • This segment should have opened the show to set up the Beat the Clock and stuff like that.  
  • I like it to show how important the Rumble is but it shouldn't end the show!
  • I hope they all beat up 3MB
  • There was just some dude in the ring that I can't name.  Perhaps it was Alex Riley
  • JTG on Raw?  Really?
  • I still don't know who the guy was
That is it for Raw, until Wednesday Abyssinia!

No comments: