2013/01/17

It's a Wedding! Impact review for 1-17-2013

It is time for the wedding of the year because tonight Bully Ray marries Brooke Hogan.  Here are my thoughts as they happen.


  • Spike Dudley and Tommy Dreamer both are there as members of the wedding part and Spike had the taped up glasses which was cool.  Sadly the tuxes aren't tie die Bully said.
  • I say it almost every week I do these but I hate the crowd and their stupid chants
  • Jeff Hardy retained his title over Bobby Roode and Austin Aries, so you have to wonder who will get the next shot.  I'd like for it to be face vs. face with James Storm getting his shot however Christopher Daniels and Kazarian are out, so one of them might be getting a shot.
  • Kaz just called the crowd butt-puppets...what does that mean?  Daniels is getting a shot next week.  With Hardy not being able to go overseas maybe they are going to put the title on Daniels for a month while they are overseas...I doubt it however.
  • Looks like Bad Influence taking on Storm and Hardy tonight.  Jeff is in more tag matches then he was when he was a tag team wrestler I think
  • I never thought I would like Kaz but his team with Daniels has been some of the best stuff on TNA in my opinion
  • I still don't like the three man booth and that Todd dude.  Not enough Professor with him in the booth
  • I miss Curryman, I wonder what happened to that guy
  • That was a really nice flying clothesline off the apron.  Hardy has been on his game lately, I'll give him that.  Maybe he is healthy for the first time in a long time, I don't know what it is but he has looked really good
  • Storm and Hardy win but I would have gone with Daniels pinning Hardy by doing something dirty.  He is going to leave the champ laying but not as good as getting the pin.
  • Joseph Park is on TV!  Awesome!
  • Gutcheck time.  I didn't see last week so I can't say who I think should get the chance.  I have seen Jay Bradley a few times but not Brian Cage that I remember.  
  • Cage is eliminated and now we hear from the judges to see if Bradley gets the contract.  Taz says no right away.  
  • Bradley gets the contract.  He is kind of goofy looking
  • Is Christian York the only Gut Check winner to get TV time after winning?
  • I don't like Kenny King, never have.  I'm not sure what it is about him but I've just never connected with him
  • York continues to look good and I continue to not like King
  • Bully asks Sting to get Hulk to be at the wedding.  I smell set up....probably from Brooke
  • Taz and The Professor are both in Tux and Todd is in a suit.  NO!  Taz is leaving the booth
  • Hogan is in charge and shows up an hour into the show?  He really is a boss if he shows up late
  • Paul Heyman jokes?  Really?  I guess that is to be expected with those four guys
  • That Hogan/Sting segment was not good.  
  • Velvet Sky looks good tonight, although lots of make up
  • Gail Kim has never really gotten a true chance to show what she can do
  • The crowd is really quiet for this match.  Most likely because they don't feel the outcome is in question
  • Velvet wins as everyone thought.  It was good while Gail was in charge not as much there at the end.  Velvet isn't the best in the ring but she is the heir apparent 
  • 30 minutes left and its wedding time?  This better be a major angle like everyone thinks it will be
  • Austin Aries is one of the best heels going today.  I'd love to see him and CM Punk together!
  • Aries and Roode are pretty good together.  Too bad Bully isn't a heel anymore, the three of them together would have been an excellent heel stable
  • Really?  Chavo with a mic?  WHY?!  I really don't see why he is getting so much TV time.  
  • So Bobby Roode is going to be in a tag team again?  Not cool but it will keep him on TV perhaps
  • The three brides maids look amazing!  The Knockouts are just that, knockouts
  • I can't say how excited I am that Archer is back for another season!
  • No Hollywood for the wedding...or he is going to get his own entrance music....nope he jsut showed up doo-rag and all brother!
  • Brooke Tessmacher has an amazing ass.  Everyone already knows that but it had to be said
  • I hate the crowd and their stupid ass chants!
  • Why hasn't this been interrupted yet?  Already too much "wedding" and not enough fighting
  • Seriously?  Are they actually going to just do a wedding?  Is this the swerve that a wrestling wedding is going to be an actual wedding?
  • Taz is the guy who interrupts this thing?  Really?
  • Taz is in Aces and Eights?  Really?  Reminds me of when he was in the heel stable a few years ago with Samoa Joe
  • A complete let down!
Overall for a show that could have been a major show, much like Monday Night Raw, I feel completely let down.  

No comments: