2010/06/02

An Open Letter to....


The following is an open letter to comedian Zach Galifianakis. I have no idea how to get a hold of him and I doubt this will work but some might laugh and maybe just maybe....:


Dear Mr. Galifianakis,

First off let me say that I am extremely happy for your recent success with films like the Hangover and G-Force. You are extremely talented and you deserve it. However have you thought about the ramifications of your actions? That your fame could be harmful for others?

Mr. Galifianakis, Zach if you don't mind me calling you that, your fame has been slowly killing me. Why? People think that I look like your character in The Hangover. Not just people...everyone. Let me tell you a little story Zach.

I am a manager of a cafe in a bookstore. Recently there was a soccer tournament in town with over a hundred teams in town. As you can imagine it brought a lot of people into the cafe. In the middle of this some of the young ladies of a team came up and said the words that I have grown to dread.

"Do you know you look like that guy from the Hangover?"

I want you to notice something, they don't say Zach Galifianakis (I always tell them your name, its only right), its the guy from the Hangover. Since the movie came out I have heard this. Actually there was one person before The Hangover told me that I looked like you.

These young ladies asked the question and I said yes I have heard that. They then did something I hadn't been asked before...could they get their picture taken with me. Yes, they wanted their picture taken with a guy in a green apron that looks like a guy in a movie. It happened again a few days ago, this time a guy taking a picture with me and his son.

Another time a customer had to walk away because she was laughing at how much I look like you.

Why am I writing this letter? Simple. Do you need a stand in? How about a personal assistant that looks like you? Or perhaps a double that can go on the crappier of talk shows. I figure that you have to be getting a lot scripts with people wanting you to be in their movies. I can be in those movie! Just think about it sir. Thank you for listening.

-Gene Bennett
Attached you will find a photo.

2 comments:

Angela Sandberg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela Sandberg said...

(I deleted the Anjamals post. I can't abide by that handle, and couldn't figure out how to update it without just deleting it and reposting here:)

I support the use of Gene Bennett in any situations which would prove to be too dangerous for Mr. Galifianakis.

Good luck, sir. Good luck.