2010/05/29

I'm a journalist...

I've started several posts over the last couple of days, one I spent probably 6 or 7 hours on before realizing that it wasn't something I wanted out there for the world to so, but this is.

Recently a friend on Facebook posted a video from Rachel Maddow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHmhxpQEGPo

In it they talk about the oil spill in the Gulf and now apparently there is a spill in Alaska. Whatever. It makes me want to puke. Oh not the oil spills, as much as I hate the spills that isn't what has me worked up this afternoon. It is the lack of journalism that pisses me off. Is there a damn journalist left above the local level? What happened to reporting the news and that was it. What happened to that? Am I wrong? There was a time when journalist just gave us the facts right? Instead we have people like Maddow giving her opinions. We have Bill O'Reilly telling people what is right and wrong. These people along with Glenn Beck, Keith Oberman and the rest act like they are news men when they are not any different than me.

Actually that's wrong, they are different than me in that they reach millions and millions of people and pretend to be journalist while I don't. Seriously though that is about the difference. I could easily find a bunch of old news clips and do the exact same thing that Rachel did on that report. I could put my views into bullet points like O'Reilly does every day. I can be insane and cry like Beck does. Honestly that's what these people do and make it seem like journalism.

But then again what do I know. However I have decided to start calling myself a broadcast journalist (yes I realize I'm not on TV but then again these asses aren't journalist either). I will follow in the footsteps of the greatest broadcast journalist ever...Bobby Heenan! So until next time humanoids let me leave you with this....

"And for those of you that dropped out of high school, remember the famous phrase: 'Do you want fries with that?'" -Bobby Heenan

1 comment:

Angela Sandberg said...

Broadcast journalists, or "jourcasters", are filling are very obvious and needed role. Why have a belief system of one's own? In leu of personal opinions and convictions, we are simply waiting, and gratefully so, to be lead and guided by a rag tag group of "teach me to walk in thy light" men and women. Don't make the mistake of finding validation for a previously existing religion/opinion/guidance system in these places. It's a new land, a magical place, where "jourcasters" (it's so French!) will obviously know what is right, and tell you so. Fact based reporting, or journalism, is so... empty. How will I know who to hate otherwise?

Oh, and I'm happy to donate copious amounts of money, Gene. Should I shave my head, also? Please. Don't not guide your people....