2010/05/19

Ranting

So I haven't been on here for a while. Its either I have too much to say, not enough to say, or I get bored as I am writing my entries. I have no attention span anymore. I don't know if its because I'm older or if its something else. I sometimes think there is something wrong with the old brainbox.

Anywho lets get to this. I want to figure something out. Maybe all my years working retail have me overly nice to fellow workers. Some things that drive me crazy is when it is obvious that the customer is NOT listening to a word I'm saying.

Me: Do you have a member card to save 10%

Customer: 555-5555

Did I ask for a phone number? I mean if it is a good looking young lady and she is just offering up the number for after work fun ok but if it just the customer being a fucker and NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTION then I am upset. How hard is it to just say "yes I do, can I give you the phone number?" Why would they say can I give you the phone number? If they are giving the number it means they don't have the card and that probably means they have done this before. So they know that the cashier has to get to the appropriate screen. Instead the dickcheese of a customer just rattles stuff off and then gives me a dirty look when I've got to ask for it again because I was no where near ready for the information because I asked if they had a card.

Also when did people stop handing money to a cashier? I don't use money I use my debit card (I'll get to cards here in a minute) but on the rare occasion I do have cash I hand the money to the cashier instead of throwing it on the counter. Why? Because I am a human fucking being dealing with another human being. Its about respect. I really like it when I tell them its 2.07 and they look at the five dollar bill so I do the same. They then PUSH the fucking bill toward me. Pick it up and give it to me you cocknose!

And while I'm talking about where was the last place you went (not including a sit down restaurant) where you didn't swipe your own credit card? Honestly can you name a place that you had to hand your card to the associate to ring through. This of course isn't including broken readers or power outages, but when everything is working when did you last give the card because they didn't have a reader for the public? Yet this humanoids out there try to give me their cards. I don't want to touch a card that has been god knows where! Do it like we have been doing for the last 10 years!

But you know what bugs me the most, that these things happen. Why can't people just treat others with respect? Is it that hard? Maybe deep down I am one of those hippies that just wants peace. Maybe its the fact that I am off my sleep again. Or maybe it is just what the world needs. I don't have the answers and if I did would you really listen to the fat man?

1 comment:

Angela Sandberg said...

<3 You are speaking for the downtrodden, Gene.

The downtrodden.

Thank you.