2010/05/20

More on the Legend of the Seeker

I am watching episode 10 of LotS and I am starting to get into the series. I was looking at the series all wrong. I was thinking it was suppose to be a telling of the story from the books but it isn't. It is more inspired by the books with aspects of the story thrown in. While I don't like the casting of the main characters as they were written in the books the casting is starting to work as they are written for the TV series. Craig Horner doesn't fit how I see Richard but he does fit the Frodo like way they have written Richard. I still don't like Bridget Regan as Kahlan. She has none of the characteristics that Goodkind gave her in the book. The strength that Goodkind gave the character in the book Bridget just doesn't seem to have. Maybe I am wrong.

I also have grown to like Bruce Spence as Zedd. Again not how I pictured him, I always saw Christopher Lloyd in my mind when I was reading the book, but he isn't horrible. However he has yet to say bags and damn it that is what Zedd says!

Overall I look at it like I look at the retched Transformer movies. It is set in the Sword of Truth Universe with characters of the same name but it isn't the Richard and company that I know. Just like the Bumblebee that pissed on the Sector whatever guys wasn't the Bumblebee that I grew up with he just had the same name.

No comments: