2010/05/20

I have a serious illness....

I have just found out I have a serious illness. It is something that has no cure. I suffer from....Wanderlust. It isn't something a doctor can cure or even diagnose that I know of.

How do I know I have this problem? I am already planning my next move. Well that isn't true completely. I am already thinking about it. It isn't that I don't like Twin Falls. Its nice actually and the people aren't bad but I am ready to leave.

I guess I contracted this back in 2006 when I leave the Mighty MI, Michigan. I left it because of a dream. In the dream I went to Maine and found happiness. In true Gene fashion the dream came true and I fucked it up but that is another tale for another time. But since then I never seem to feel comfortable staying in one place for too long. I feel nomadic almost. Restless.

I was okay in SLC but in the back of my mind it was there. Saying you've been here to long. Its time to move on. Who knows why. I am sure there is some weird psychological reason behind this. Who knows and who cares. It is what it is. But it is festering. I am going to leave you with a quote from Tasslehoff Burrfoot, the Wanderlust king.

“Sometimes it hurts to care, doesn’t it, Caramon? But it’s better than being empty inside.” Tasslehoff Burrfoot

4 comments:

_paul said...

Maybe you just need to take vacations to other places more (even though you think you hate that)...

Tere said...

there is no cure and when to move on will be most evident- both when and where. similarly, when you find your true place on this rock, you will know it instinctively.

Anonymous said...

So you are indeed more Kender than Dwarf. Time to keep the beard off for good and tie up that topknot!

Do they have Hoopak's on ebay?

Geno said...

It doesn't say anywhere that dwarfs can't have the wanderlust? On top of that let me say that I think I would be a damn sexy beast with a top knot.