2010/06/27

Love story

Ok here is a new post. Its been a while I know. This is why I am not a columnist. I have started probably dozens of entries but never finish as I get distracted for one reason or another or end up not liking the entry. Anyway I've decided to go back to what made my old long lost blog so much fun for people to read and that is a good old fashion fat man rant.

Why is it EVERYTHING anymore has to have a damn love story in it? Comedies have to have love stories. Dramas. TV shows. Documentaries. Songs. I am pretty sure the chicken sandwich I got from Jack in the Box, which was by the way a double chicken sandwich with bacon....oh how I love Jack in the Box, had a love story on the wrapper. It makes me sick. As a single guy its depressing. Take the Hangover a nice comedy...with a love story. Did we have to have Ed Helms fall for Heather Graham? No that wasn't needed but there it was.

Now before the 6 people who follow this blog start telling me I know why its there. To get the crossover audience. I think maybe Titanic was the movie that changed that. Before that it seemed that movies were just comedies or dramas or action films.

Predator didn't have Arnold falling head of heels over the jungle chick he saves. Now there would be the tangled web of love and hate. Aliens verse Predator would now be about two star crossed lovers.

Wait, it was before that. I recently have been watching the Critic and there it is. A love story over a fat bald film critic. In the one I just watched he had two women in love with him. Fuck that! No one is more critical about films than me and I don't even have one woman after me. Is it because I'm not bald? ITS NOT MY FAULT! I AM FAT THOUGH DAMN IT!

Oh sorry about that. Is it just me? Every TV show, Chuck, Psych, Eureka, Doctor Who, everything has this love story aspect to it. I just want to laugh without being reminded I am a lonely fat man. Is that too much to ask Hollywood?

On a side note Psycho returns in mere weeks isn't that exciting even though there will be more love story between Shawn and Juliet, atleast its funny love story stuff unlike my second favorite show Chuck. If Adam Baldwin wasn't on Chuck I wouldn't watch that show. Major Casey is the saving grace of Chuck, well that and the amazing music on the show.

Ok not a rant worthy of my old rants. Honestly I don't know if the old rants are still in me. I've changed quite a bit the last couple of years. I don't know if the fire is still in me. Wait, I'm pretty sure once Transformers 3 comes out there will be a rant like the old days.

So to sum all this up, hollywood all I want is a comedy without a love story. Give me Die Hard (and not that shit you called Die Hard 4 but a real Die Hard). Give me Predator. Leave the love story out for once. Just give me a good old fashion funny movie without the drama. Give me an action film with shit blowing up and one liners. Where are you Bruce Willis of old? Arnold can't you forget California and give us one more movie...did I just say that?

Did I just ask for another Arnold movie...I don't even like his movies but that is what I need. Dear lord...this is it. This has to be the sign of the end of days (good grief another Arnold reference...although not a bad movie). When someone asks for a new Arnold movie the end must be near right?

No comments: