2021/07/01

1994-01-08 Mania

 


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today, 2021-05-29, I am going back to 1994 to check out Mania.  It is mostly clip show but a fun show so let's go check it out!
  • I do love me some IRS.  One of the best technicians in the ring
  • That is a write-off right there!
  • Randomly finishes him off with a belly to back suplex, I like that
  • Was there a better big man than Yoko?
  • The answer is no
  • Good night, what a sight
  • I believe Yoko killed Dubiel there.  I think it is the one time that you see Yoko slip doing the Bonzai Drop
  • Gotta do what you gotta do at the time you're doing it - Randy Savage
  • I miss Percy and characters like him
  • I miss shows like Mania, fun, and get chemistry with Todd and Randy
  • Luger should not have been in the rumble!
  • Luger was never a great interview
  • YOU CANNOT CONTROL DESTINY!!
  • I said Flexy Lexy was not a great promo but this was pretty good.  Straight forward but well done
  • I love that the Quebecers try the switch when they look nothing alike!
  • Poor Mike Shaw could not get a break outside of Calgary
  • ENTER THE BATCAVE!!
  • MOM was impressive because of their size but is so mid 90's gimmick wise
  • Randy did not have much musical ability!
  • Marty looks like he is homeless standing on the off-ramp
Nothing groundbreaking on this show but it is fun.  Todd and Savage seemed to actually be having fun.  Not much else to say here but another fun Mania show!

RESULTS
  • IRS def. Mike Corey
  • Interview:  Razor Ramon (Intercontinental Champion)
  • Yokozuna (WWF Champion) def. Dan Dubiel
  • Segment:  Undertaker & Paul Bearer
  • Ludvig Borga def. John Crystal via Submission
  • Interview:  Lex Luger
  • JIP:  Lex Luger def. Jacques (WWF Tag Team Champion)
  • Recap:  Raw
  • Bastion Bogger def. Tony Roy
  • Mo/Mabel def. Reno Riggins/Chris Duffy
  • Recap:  Raw

No comments: