2021/07/03

Movie Review: Occupation Rainfall

Ken Jeong   


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found his entry.  Today, 2021-07-03, I am checking out the 202 flick Occupation Rainfall.  "Two years after aliens land on Earth, survivors from Sydney, Australia, fight in a desperate war as the number of casualties continue to grow."  It stars Dan Ewing, Temuera Morrison, Daniel Gillies and Ken Jeong.  I found this and with Ken Jeong I am going to check it out!  IMDB gives this a 5.6/10 so average.  I think we should go check this out!
  • OVER TWO HOURS....what have I done to myself
  • So an Alien is with the Humans?
  • Ah yes of course they have alien skulls on their tank
  • So aliens have laser guns but do not have bulletproof armour?  
  • That looked like Glenn from the Walking Dead!
  • More aliens?  
  • Oh, shit is she a hybrid?
  • I do not know if I can take 2 hours of this
  • I have no idea what is going on here.  What about Rainfall?  
  • Why are aliens with humans?  Like multiple aliens
  • They can shoot down alien ships with machine guns?
  • Why are Aliens so often Asian sounds?  Star Wars and his movie
  • Alien death squad, I like it
  • Well that is the end of Sydney
  • Why did the alien ships not follow them into the country?
  • She is great for morale on that bus!
  • "IT WASN'T A CHICKEN IT WAS A BABY...A BABY!"  
  • 10 points for those who get that reference
  • This is kind of all over the place.  I feel like it should have been a mini-series to let these storylines play out more
  • Why are they out running during the day?
  • Do the aliens have a fucking sports car?
  • How in the blue hell did he do that and get UNDER the car?
  • Why is the kid not shooting back BEHIND THEM?!?!
  • Is the kid blind and dumb?  How was he surprised when the other car came up from BEHIND THEM WHILE HE WAS LOOKING BACK!!!
  • Why do gunners always yell while shooting?
  • Why did the alien want to fry him with the car and not just shoot him in the head?
  • OH MY GOD, I STILL HAVE 80 MINUTES?!?!
  • Oh it is a giant spider thing fantastic
  • So these soldiers are suddenly showing up with bulletproof stuff
  • The spider thing was designed really well with the rolling attach thing and whatnot
  • Boba Fett in an alien flick...weird
  • They have a random slight escape from that room?
  • It is a concentration camp for aliens.  Sadly it is exactly what humans would do
  • Jesus, it suddenly became Agent Smith attacking Neo with all his clones there
  • Garry is a badass!
  • This is totally human nature and it is sad
  • Finally, Ken is in the movie and might make this watchable
  • The Motherships look a little like they are from Mass Effect and the Reapers
  • I think those negotiations are going well
  • HE SHOT HER!  HE IS INSANE!
  • Way too many storylines going on in this flick
  • Oh shit now we have flaming walking aliens
  • This guy is fucking disgusting.  I hope he gets eaten by the dog horse things
This flick was WAY too busy for me.  It seemed to have half a dozen storylines to try and keep track of and none of them very well defined.  I really feel like this should have been a limited series and could have been better.  Time to write these storylines out and whatnot.  Overall I agree with the 5.6.  It was good but not great.  Nothing special sadly.  

PS:  I wrote the above before finding out that this is the second in a series of movies so that is why stuff did not make sense.  It does not change how I feel currently but who knows how I will feel if I check out the first sometime.  

No comments: