2021/07/03

2021-07-01 NXT UK

 


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today 2021-07-02, I am checking out the latest NXT UK.  I am behind don't the show so I do not know storylines or anything but it is wrestling and I love the stuff so enough chit chat I am ready to go to the UK!
  • That is not Vic Joseph!
  • Dawn looks like a character, looks very evil.  Put her with a very good heel like an that could be a decent combo!
  • I like that Emilia did not just watch the splits that Dawn did all shocked and scared
  • Kinda like a shining wizard by Dawn!
  • No one in WWE should do a cutter, it should ONLY be Orton and those in a program with him
  • What is with all the flips in wrestling into moves that do not make sense
  • Good Emilia is not big enough to use a spear as a finisher
  • Was Dawn trying to possess Emilia?
  • Double knees for the win and it looked better than the V-Trigger in my opinion
  • Old school UK wrestling with rounds and whatnot, interesting
  • Starz with some nice escapes!
  • Uggg, does Bate have a tat on his forearm now?  STOP GETTING TATS!
  • These two are so smooth, almost too smooth as it seems like dance and not a fight
  • BATE WITH A FALL!
  • Nice backdrop which you do not see often!
  • I love Nigel bringing up classic UK wrestlers including my favourite of all time William Regal
  • A really nice counter to even up the match, a counter I do not remember seeing
  • How are these two so good at their ages?
  • I do not want to hear this promo, good grief!
  • Nina has got herself into amazing shape!
  • Why is Meiko smiling?
  • I think these two were a team last night I watched, Amale and Nina
  • Amale has REALLY white teeth
  • I feel like Valkyrie and Dawn should be a team
  • I always thought that having the long hair in your face would make wrestling harder but I guess not 
  • Mila has some solid basics but seems unsure of herself.  I hope she gets to work a lot over there as I think she could have something as an actual female wrestler 
  • That finisher will break your neck!  Good grief if you hit that wrong
  • Kid seems to be favouring his one arm going in
  • Kid really gets some speed on some of these moves
  • Again no cutters allowed damn it!  Especially two in the same show
  • Modified Perfectplex by Kid
  • Kid with a modified triangle!  Kid is GOOD!
  • Uggg, the Spanish fly is a horrible move and just looks like they are working together
  • Now we have the exchange shots.  This main event is making like this show less (I wrong my recap/final thoughts before the main event was finished)
  • OH GOD, THAT HEADBUTT!
  • Too much for "TV"
  • If this is not an injury angle for Kid it was WAY too much for "TV"
This might be the best modern show I have seen in a while.  I did not care for the main event as I feel like it was too much for a TV match, especially since you have the Takeover shows.  I liked that most of the matches were kept to a good time and showcased talent to build them up but not really killing their opponents.  If you took out the bad Eddie Dennis segment and the Amale/Meiko/Nina segment and I would have LOVED this should.

Results
  • Emilia McKenzie def. Isla Dawn
  • Recap:  WALTER & Ilja Dragunov
  • Interview:  Mark Coffey & Wolfgang
  • Tyler Bate (Heritage Cup Champion) def. Jack Starz to retain the title in a two out of three falls match
  • Interview:  Lewis Howley & Sam Stoker (NXT UK Tag Team Champions)
  • Meiko Satomura (NXT UK Womens Champion)/Nina Samuels/Amale
  • Recap:  Rampage Brown & Joe Coffey
  • Segment:  Blair Davenport
  • Aoife Valkyrie def. Mila Smidt
  • Segment:  Kenny Williams
  • Segment:  Trent Seven/Eddie Dennis
  • Jordan Devlin def. A-Kid via Submission

No comments: