2020/08/06

2020-07-31 Smackdown

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you found todays entry.  Today, 2020-08-05, I am checking out the latest, to date, Smackdown.  I know we have an appearance from The Fiend, an IC title match and more so enough typing, I think it is time for fighting!
  • I LOVE BRAY WYATT!
  • I miss good ring announcers
  • Does anyone think that AJ is going to lose here?
  • I am not sure I like the piped-in crowd noise
  • Have we seen a ref bump with a female ref?
  • If not do we need one occasionally just to give the illusion it could happen
  • Seriously this crowd noise does not make sense
  • Nice move by Gran with the sweep of the legs
  • Is it odd that Styles is a flat earther?  I find it weird
  • I like that Styles has a few finishers
  • A really good match; so good I forgot to write comments!
  • I really hate that belt!
  • Corbin has really improved over the years, especially after he cut his hair
  • This barroom brawl should be at Tim Whites bar!
  • Celebrating in his own personal way?  Is that with a drink or three Cole?
  • Seriously Corbin is great on the mic!
  • I love me some Gulak!
  • Cole, you mean when Gulak Pearl Harbored the King!
  • Is that the Lebell Lock?
  • What is this guy doing here?  Riddle has not reason to be out there!
  • What is with everyone attacking the King from behind?  HE IS THE KING!
  • Wait?  Chad Gable?  There could be a knighthood in this for him!
  • His name is Chad Cole!
  • I cannot wait for Big E's single run.  I think he should be fighting for the title at Mania next year
  • Wait....Miz has only held 19 titles?  I honestly thought it would be higher
  • I kind of hope that they leave the plex up if they ever have fans in the area again
  • Is there a worse look then a man bun?  Not that I know of
  • As much as I hate the moves on the apron the splash by Big E is great
  • I hate it when guys run to the corner and hit it before running and hitting their opponent in the opposite corner.  Why does it hurt if your opponent does it but not when you do it yourself.  It is the little things guys
  • When was the last time someone submitted to the Figure Four?  
  • How strong do you have to be to do that?  Big E for Champion!
  • So Lacey is back to being a heel?  She is going to end up with as many turns as Big Show
  • Feel the Glow feels like an STD you can get
  • Uggg, what was that?  Something she should NOT be doing for sure.  Sorry, Naomi, I don't think either you or Lacey are experienced enough for that
  • Did Mandy Rose have some work done?
  • I cannot wait till Sonya moves on to another feud.  She has MONEY written on her I think
  • I love heel Bayley...and hate anything Sasha
  • If I see Sasha tweet to Mr. McMahon one more time I might vomit.  
  • Nikki is so different than anyone else in WWE
  • Sasha has X-Pac heat with me, just go away!
  • Really liked that closing sequence!
  • Another person just turned on Alexa!  It is just sad the way people turn on the Goddess
  • OH DEAR GOD NO!  THIS IS YOUR FAULT BRAUN!
  • WHERE ARE YOU STROWMAN!
I do not know how this was received but I really loved this show almost top to bottom!  AJ is great!  Corbin is Great!  The Fiend segment with Bliss has SO many ways it could go.  Hardy looks better than he has in a long time.  Big E is going to be a breakout star I think.  I know people are down on WWE right now but man that was a good show and did not feel like 90 mintues!

Results
  • Segment:  Bailey (Smackdown Womens Champion)/Sasha Banks (Raw Womens Champion)(Womens Tag Team Champions)
  • Segment:  Nikki Cross
  • Segment:  Big E
  • Segment:  Miz/John Morrison
  • Segment:  Lacey Evans
  • Segment. Naomi
  • Segment:  Gran Metalik
  • Segment:  AJ Styles (Intercontinental Champion)
  • Firefly Funhouse
  • AJ Styles (Intercontinental Champion) def. Gran Metalik via Submission for the Titles
  • Segment:  Shorty G/King Corbin
  • Recap:  Bar Fight
  • Segment:  Jeff Hardy/King Corbin
  • King Corbin def. Drew Gulak
  • Big E def. Miz via Submission
  • Segment:  Gran Metalik/Lince Dorado & Cesaro/Shinsake Nakamura (Smackdown Tag Team Champions)
  • Segment:  Sheamus
  • Segment: Lacey Evans
  • Naomi def. Lacey Evans
  • Segment. Otis/Mandy Rose
  • Segment:  Mandy Rose/Sonya Deville
  • Interview:  Miz/John Morrison
  • Match Flo
  • Bayley (Smackdown Womens Champion) def. Nikki Cross for the Title
  • Segment:  Alexa Bliss/The Fiend

No comments: