2020/08/17

2020-08-17 OVW TV 1096 - "Anarchy Rumble"

 


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today, 2020-08-17, I am checking out the lastest Ohio Valley Wrestling episode, uploaded to YouTube today!  I have not constantly watched OVW, or sadly any wrestling, for a while and I am trying to change that.  I have no clue who is on the OVW roster or anything like that but enough waiting I am ready to rumble...Anarchy style!
  • At least some of those guys looked like adults!
  • What record does Rozell in the NCAA?
  • I do not like the lighting OVW is using
  • Nice Submission by Rozell
  • I like the idea of the smaller Dimes haveing Bradley has his insurance, old school idea
  • The fanny pack kid?
  • Okay, I hope Bradley hits the Boom Stick quick.  This gimmick is awful and screams indy wrestling
  • The American Dream and the Fanny Pack Kid should never be within three sentences of each other ever again guys
  • This has gone on too long 
  • Bradley hits a Wastelands which we have not seen for a while
  • 8/10 is 4/5 and it sounds better Mr. Annoucer who we do not know if we are new viewers
  • Two adult looking guys in the ring, weird
  • Rupiper needs better gear or I need to know why he is in cut off shorts and such
  • No one takes pride of being in Indiana!  LIAR!
  • Pillman is showing up everywhere but WWE where he should be!
  • Will Pillman get beat in his debut like on AEW?
  • Ugg, I hate that run into the other corner but not be hurt thing that everyone does now
  • So Pillman is using the Jackhammer in OVW
  • Gunn should trim that goatee!
  • So it is a Royal Rumble, got it...wait till the end it becomes a regular match
  • Everyone brings a weapon...this is over the top!
  • Josh Ashcraft is still around?  Why?
  • The bell just range, need to watch the two minutes thing a little closer
  • Uggg, this is just stupid and not entertaining
  • Wait...who is the Jason looking guy?  I think I like him!
  • What is with Lutz trunks?
  • I am not saying much because there is little going on
  • Honestly, I think I would fast forward this if I was not doing this review
  • I like that Melvin was not letting Dan just set up the table, because he should not!
Well, that was not a good show.  I honestly would have shut it off.  Having three announcers was not good.  Keep Shannon and whoever did the interview for Dustin and cut the other guy.  Keep doing what you did for the first half of the show.  Good matches, although I would have had Bradely win in a more dominate style and given Rupiper a little more of a ahowing.  Then we have the second half of the show, the Rumble.  I would never do that again.  It was not entertaining nor was it good.  It was slow and plotting and mostly guys laying around.  The fans in the arena are either badly mic'd or silent especially then.  Honestly, I do not think I would have let that match see air.  I hope OVW can pick this up and give us better stuff because I want to like the show.

RESULTS

  • Roman Rozell def. Ronnie Roberts via Submission
  • Segment:  Dimes (Rush Champion)
  • Jay Bradley def. Kal Herro
  • Dustin Jackson def. Josh Rupiper
  • Interview:  Dustin Jackson
  • Segment:  Pro Wrestling Report
  • Brian Pillman Jr. def. Ashton Cove
  • Segment:  Tony Gunn (OVW Champion)
  • Melvin Maximus def. Adam Revolver & Anthony Catena & D'Mone Solavino & Dapper Dan & Drew Hernandez & Hy-Zaya & Luscious Lawrence & Ruin & The Gilpinator & Tony Bizo & William Lutz in an Anarchy Rumble for the Anarchy Title

No comments: