2020/07/19

Movie Review: Killer Racoons 2: Dark Christmas in the Dark


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today I am going to talk about the new movie Killer Racoons! 2! Dark Christmas in the Dark.  It stars 
Yang Miller, Ron Lynch and Tom Lyons.  IMDB only has 23 reviews of the flick and it is sitting at 3.8 as of today 2020-07-19.  I give it a higher score then that, I give it a 5/10

I am not going to do my usual stream of consciousness for this flick, unfortunately, due to a bad back.  I watched the flick without my computer.   However, I will give my thoughts on the flick.  First off let me say that when I saw the title I knew I had to watch this flick.  Then I saw the trailer:


And I knew there was no way I was not going to see this flick!  It looked like such a trainwreck (no pun intended). I also realize that it was one of those flicks that knew it was going to be bad and it was done on purpose.  So going in I thought I was going to be watching 90 minutes of Tim and Eric which I was not sure I would enjoy.  However...I really enjoyed this flick!

The acting was done well enough that you could tell they were trying but not being over the top all the time, and when they were it was the correct time to do it!  The villains were so over the top that they were perfect.  The fact that they all wore eye patches was a nice touch.  My wife even asked why.  My answer was because they were bad guys and racoons are vicious.  The plot was enough and I love that the reference this mythical (I assume, I can not find any evidence) Killer Racoons 1.  I understood this flicks plot more then I did the other flick I watched last night, Uncut Gems.  They gave the entire plot throughout the flick and I feel like I have seen it without having seen it.  The lighting effects of the guns and the blood effects were perfect in this flick.  The run time was perfect as well at 90ish minutes.  Honestly, the only reason I did not give it a higher rating is that it was bad, even if on purpose.  Wait...you know what I am going to change my rating.  I am going to give it a 7!  They knew what they were making and made it that way.  They achieved, I assume, exactly what they wanted.  How can I not give it my average when it was what I expected and again I assume what they wanted.  If you want a really good bad movie this is what you should watch.  Not a lot of language in it besides "shitsnakes" I think.  The violence is over the top that it is not there.  I mean at one point Smallwood and one of the bad guys are snapping waffle makers at each other during a fight.  Overall I would say to check this flick out, it was a lot of fun!

No comments: