2020/07/17

Classic Wrestling Review: 1994-01-25 ECW


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this entry.  Tonight, 2020-03-26, we are going back over 20 years to 1994 once again.  We are going to the future ECW Arena to the 1994-01-25 ECW Hardcore TV show.  We will see Terry Funk taking on Pat Tanaka, Tommy Dreamer and the Public Enemy in action as well.  I will be honest I had not heard of ECW at this point back in the day so all of this is new to me.  So enough "talking" because it is time to get....

  • Look at that headset Joey has!
  • Wow, Joey taking shots at Vince and his lawsuit
  • I had no idea Gillberg wrestled in ECW!
  • I always forget that Rocco could wrestle
  • I hate "Hat Guy" in ECW.  He was annoying as hell
  • Wow that was an ugly finisher by Rocco
  • Public Enemy were awful in these interviews
  • Look at Tommy Dreamer here!  Good looking babyface....in three years he will not be that!
  • Why is Joey yelling so much?
  • I love the suspenders with no shirt look!
  • Mikey don't call me Whipwreck Wippwreck making his debut!
  • Mikey did an amazing job of getting his ass kicked!
  • I am confused, are Tanaka and Diamond good guys or bad guys?
  • Really?  Tanaka kicked out of Funk's piledriver?  
  • Wait....so is Funk a bad guy?  I am so confused
  • Is that suppose to be manhole cover?
  • How is Sullivan not in the HoF?
  • That was one of the ugliest spiked piledrivers I have ever seen
This show did not make me want to watch more ECW honestly.  Joey yelling, a confusing Funk/Tanaka/Sullivan angle.  Really bad Public Enemy promos.  Overall not a great show but there is always next week!

RESULTS
  • Interview:  Rocco Rock & Johnny Grunge/Tod Gordon
  • Rocco Rock/Johnny Grunge def. Don E. Allen/Duane Gill
  • Interview:  Tod Gordon/Rocco Rock & Johnny Grunge
  • Tommy Dreamer def. Dr. Disaster
  • Upcoming Show:  Tommy Ciaro & Sandman/Kevin Sullivan & Tazmaniac (ECW Tag Team Champions)
  • Mr. Hughes def. Mikey Wippwreck
  • Upcoming Show:  Mr. Hughes & Jason
  • Interview:  Terry Funk (ECW Champion)
  • Terry Funk (ECW Champion) def. Pat Tanaka for the Title
  • Interview:  Paul E. Dangerously & 911
  • Paul Diamond/Pat Tanaka def. Tazmaniac/Kevin Sullivan (ECW Tag Team Champions)  
  • Segment:  Pat Tanaka

No comments: