2020/07/14

Classic Wrestling Review: 1994-01-24 Raw


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today, 2020-03-07, we are going back to 1994 again and checking out the Raw after the Royal Rumble.  What is the fallout from having TWO winners?  What is Owen & Bret going to say after Owen finally stepped out of his brothers shadow?  Only one way to find out!
  • Starting off with Flexy Lexy!
  • From a distance, Steele looked like Buddy Landell
  • Lex did not really have a finisher in the WWF did he?  I kind of like that he is so good he can finish you off many ways
  • Both Vince and JR look so young...because they are I know
  • I kind of miss Todd, I thought he was really good at his job
  • I NEVER liked MOM.  I found them to be annoying.  I liked Mabel as Viscera later on especially his ECW run but as MOM I did not like it
  • Why do you feel sorry for Bret?  HE HELD OWEN BACK FOR YEARS!
  • Weird the Headshrinkers were acting normal
  • The ref is not out of position, Bill needs to make sure Mabel does not interfere, it is his fault!
  • Who cares about how Stu and Helen felt?  They held Owen back as well!  
  • A dropkick from Samu?  Not something you saw very often
  • Mabel was so sloppy at this point
  • Wait...the Headshrinkers are going to win?  That is surprising
  • Wait, Owen tried to help Bret several times there Vinnie Mac!
  • Number 30 is not the dream draw, number 27 is JR!
  • I am surprised Bryan Clarke never had a better run anywhere.  He seemed to check all the boxes
  • I always liked that version of the powerbomb
  • I hate Dink so much, I just wanted to see him punted into next week
  • Doink was great when he was the evil clown.  This version with the midget sucked
  • Most of these matches have gone on about 25% too long it seems
  • Man I miss the fake Vince McMahon laugh!
  • I will take these Raw girls over the Nitro Girls any day!
  • I always liked using the piledriver as a finisher instead of the Superkick, especially now that EVERYONE does a superkick, or some use it 25 times in each match
A good show that features guys they were pushing.  I am surprised that we did not see Owen or Bret to follow up with that angle.  As I mentioned above I do feel like most of the matches went a little too long but they had a full show to fill and probably did not want another match.  Personally, I would have had Cornette do a promo but then again I would have him on every show!  Next classic wrestling review will be ECW so until then....Abyssinia!

RESULTS
  • Lex Luger def. Austin Steele
  • Royal Rumble Report
  • Jeff Jarrett def. John Paul
  • Samu/Fatu def. Mo/Mabel
  • Adam Bomb def. Tommy Angel
  • Segment:  Sparky Plugg
  • Doink def. Joey Stallings
  • Shawn Michaels def. Tyron Knox

No comments: