2020/12/01

1994-02-05 WCW Power Hour


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you found this entry.  Once again we are going back to 1994, this time to the Power Hour edition from Feburary 5th.  Will we get a follow up on the Thunderdome match being postponed?  Let's go to the tape!
  • Bischoff and Flair?  WHAT THE FUCK?  This was a drastic change in hosts
  • Vader shoved the hell out of Ricky Steamboat!
  • The Red Rooster is going to beat up Barry Goldberg....balls
  • Taylor vs. Austin on Saturday Night?  Yes please!
  • I do not remember Terry wrestling this late in his career, so odd
  • Sugar Daddy almost looks like Ice Train.  He is a big man
  • Dibacco is not a small man either!  
  • I love that they have to make stuff up to cover up the fact that this match was taped prior to the unmasking on Saturday Night
  • Road Dogg sure knew how to pick his trunks in 1994!
  • I think both of these guys are vastly underrated.  The Godwinns are guilty pleasures
  • Goof?  Vader?  Good grief you are going to get hurt very bad
  • How do you not like Fried Chicken Bischoff?
  • Pillman will pay for what he did to Col Parker!
  • I was never a fan of Pillman, just never did it for me.  Not sure why because he was good but was always missing something for my taste
  • Is that the worst "Indian War Dance" ever done in wrestling?
  • I think I said this when this aired on Worldwide but this proves that Regal is one of the best ever with him making you believe Norris might win
  • Sting vs. Regal on WCWSN?  Well I am looking forward to that show now!
I hate that the Power Hour is just Worldwide with new announcers but it is a good show.  I am really enjoying 1994 honestly....well aside from ECW thus far.  WCW has the best in-ring action.  SMW has the best angles and promos.  WWF is that warm spot for me because this is when my fandom was really growing for them...plus the Rocket Owen Hart!  USWA is Lawler and that is never a bad thing.  Then there is ECW.  Prove me wrong guys prove me wrong!

RESULTS
  • Recap:  WCW Saturday Night
  • Terry Taylor def. Bill Payne
  • Cactus Jack/Maxx Payne def. Sugar Daddy/Mike Dibacco via Submission
  • Flashback:  Wrestlewar 1989:  Ric Flair def. Ricky Steamboat (WCW World Champion) for the title
  • Tex Slazenger/Shanghai Pierce def. Brian Armstrong/Scott Sandlin
  • Segment:  Ricky Steamboat
  • Brian Pillman def. Bob Cook
  • Superbrawl Control Center:  Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags (WCW Tag Team Champions/Cactus Jack & Maxx Payne
  • Steven Regal (WCW TV Champion) def. Charlie Norris for the Title

No comments: