2020/12/13

2020-12-08 NWA Shockwave Ep. 2


Good morning, good afternoon....good evening whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today, 2020-12-10, I am checking out the latest NWA show Shockwave from Dec. 8th.  I have not really kept up with the NWA during the Pandemic so I am excited to see what is going on.  I really liked what I saw prior to the end of the world so I think I will like this too!
  • Joe Gali's "announcer" voice is kind of annoying
  • No ring entrances....that is weird
  • I do like Kamille, she has a great look
  • Brickhouse is a horrible nickname!
  • CeeCee, as the announcers are calling her, needs to get better ring gear, I do not care to see her ass.  That goes with most women with their asses hanging out
  • That is not a splash in the corner that is an avalanche!  When did we stop that name?
  • Kamille also needs to change her gear slightly in my opinion, she needs more of those gladiator type things that she has some of
  • Those are ugly kicks by Simone, Kamille had her hands up and it was way too obvious
  • Uggg, can we ban the spear from everyone but Roman Reigns for the next five years!
  • I do love me some Aaron Stevens!!
  • No one has changed Watts since 1987 and that was for Bill
  • I wonder why Drake has not been picked up by NXT at this point.  He can talk for sure and is not bad in the ring either
  • I have to say these guys are having a really good match and Watts is holding his own
  • Interesting using the fallaway slam when he is not a power guy it seems
  • I like the idea of working on Drakes back and he is doing it well
  • I like the camera men with masks
  • I know some people do not like the ramp up to the ring but I always have.  
  • I do not know who these announcers are but I am willing to be a lot of people have powerslammed Watts
  • Watts is almost 7 feet tall?  Really?
  • Nice sitout chokeslam but that should only be used as a finisher
  • No follow up to that match between Drake and Watts?
  • Will Kelly pull out a bloody tampon do you think?  
  • Uggg, I hate Kelly's gear
  • Wait Kelly was at home crying because of a six-month injury?  I thought she said 6 years!
  • I hate random somersaults and flips in matches
  • Seriously did Kelly's gear get lost so she is wrestling in her Lingerie?  
  • I am very impressed with these two even with Kellys questionable past and gear choices
  • Is there an official in this match?  They have been on the outside for what feels like five minutes!
A really good show.  I like the presentation with the wrestlers starting in the ring, while the entrances are interesting right now without the audience why have it?  I think all of the matches were a little long.  Kamille should have destroyed CeeCee/Simone (why were they calling her both names?).  I am talking Goldberg like.  That is how she should be booked till she challenges Thunder Rosa for the title.  Drake and Watts, while fine for what it was went long too as I said above Drake just is not sympathetic since we know his persona.  Lastly, the Main event just went on forever!  Both women worked very hard and were very good in the ring it needed to lose about half the match.  And then for it to end the way it did move wise....that is the problem with modern wrestling.  They do everything they do in the match and then a simple modified slam is the finish?  But overall a very solid show and I am being a bit picky to be honest.  

Results
  • Kamille def. Simone Sherie
  • Interview:  Aaron Stevens (NWA National Champion)
  • Eli Drake def. Watts
  • Interview:  Priscilla Kelly
  • Thunder Rosa (NWA Womans Champion) def. Priscilla Kelly for the Title

No comments: