2020/12/08

Classic Wrestling Review: 1994-02-05 SMW


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today, because I am in a shitty mood, I am watching some good old school wrestling in Smoky Mountain.

  • I am not a fan of the Moondogs...also I do not get why this is allowed
  • Has Corny ever explained that
  • I guess they are just always DQ'd per Bob but still stupid but it is what the Dogs have been doing at this point for twentyish years
  • I was never a fan of the Harris Boys....well except maybe as Creative Control in WCW because it fit
  • Why doesn't Terry have his ECW title?
  • I think I said this last time but what is Dory wearing?
  • Also, I thought Terry was fighting the Bullet not Bob Armstrong
  • I love these old school promos.  No back and forth and fake sound verbiage.  Just a guy saying he is going to beat another guy
  • Bobby Blaze...I think the first time I have seen him in SMW.  I remember him in three or four years later on WCWSN
  • Those are awful trunks by Blaze!
  • I like that he was on the balls of his feet to help keep Keys down
  • Did Candido just throw ice water on Tracey?  Weird!
  • I do miss Dirty Dutch.  He was always so damn good
  • DWB made you believe what he was saying
  • Candido was so smooth
  • Not quite the Cactus Jack elbow drop by Candido there
  • It is too bad Smothers never got a good run nationally
  • You cannot use a piledriver damn it Candido!  THAT IS ILLEGAL!
  • I like that they are making this seem like a serious thing.  Now a piledriver is the opening move on the floor and 30 seconds later the guy is doing a dive onto ten people who are just standing there waiting for it
  • Tammy did not quite have that swagger yet that she had later as Sunny
  • Prime Time was kind of chubby in the face
  • Corny is always so damn good
  • THIS IS NOT KELLER AND MELTZER!!
  • It is amazing how well the Bodies jived together
  • Dutch is right, Ricky is stupid!
A decent show.  Very promo heavy with Sunday Bloody Sunday coming up a little over a week from then.  I liked the show but not as much as other shows.  Felt very much like a place holder show aside from the main event.  I could watch those two teams every day and twice on Sunday!

RESULTS
  • Jason West/Jeff Victory def. Moondog Rex/Moondog Spot 
  • Segment:  Ron Harris & Don Harris
  • Segment:  Terry Funk & Dory Funk Jr. 
  • Segment:  The Bullet
  • Upcoming Show:  Tammy Finch/Jim Cornette
  • Bobby Blaze def. Brian Keys
  • Interview:  Tracey Smothers
  • Down and Dirty:  Dirty White Boy & Dirty White Girl
  • Segment:  Ron White
  • Robbie Eagle def. Chris Candido (Beat the Champ/US Junior Heavyweight Champion) for the Beat the Champ title
  • Tracey Smothers def. Chris Candido via DQ
  • Music Video:  Tammy Finch
  • Interview:  Tammy Finch & Brian Lee (SMW Heavyweight Champion)
  • Upcoming Show:  Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson/Dirty White Boy & Dirty White Girl
  • Segment:  Mike Furnas & Doug Furnas
  • Interview:  Jim Cornette & Jimmy Del Ray & Tom Prichard (SMW Tag Team Titles)
  • Jimmy Del Ray/Tom Prichard (SMW Tag Team Titles) def. Ricky Morton/Robert Gibson via DQ

No comments: