2017/06/25

Movie Review: Transformers 5

Let me start by saying this....DO NOT SEE THIS FILM!  I regret it because we should not be giving ANYONE money for this movie.  This movie is one of the worst things I've seen put on film.

Okay let me do one of my usual formats, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

The Good:

There was NOTHING good about this movie except when it ended.

The Bad:


Everything from the first films continues to be bad:

  • The camera shots are awful.  There are so many times that you can't tell what is going on it is horrible
  • There are times where you don't know if things are up or down
  • Some of the CGI effects are horrible; like the irish whip Marky Mark does near the end of the flick
  • They introduce several new Transformers...only for them to die without knowing why they were
  • They did a bit right out of Boarderlands or Suicide Squad with Decepticons which was awful
  • The introduction of Hot Rod
  • Several times you don't know what happens to certain transformers but then they show back up
  • The acting 

The Ugly:

This film had so many plot holes that Optimus Prime could easily drive through them!  The plans these people come up for in the flick make no sense.  There are time line shifts that make no sense in the flick.  The entire thing with Nemesis Prime doesn't make sense either.  

Don't get me started on the whole Unicron idea.  I won't ruin that jem for everyone but it is AWESOME!

Overall I give this piece of shit a 1/10 only because 0/10 isn't an option on IMDB.  I will NOT, repeat NOT, give this franchise any more of my money.  I will NOT be fooled again.  I am going to watch the animated flick soon to clear my mind and remind myself that Transformers was enjoyable at one point!

No comments: