2017/06/19

Movie Review: Big Trouble in Little China


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, whenever it is you have come across this entry.  Today I am checking out the flick Big Trouble in Little China.  It stars Kurt Russell, Kim Cattrall and Dennis Dun.  "An All-American trucker gets dragged into a centuries-old mystical battle in Chinatown."  This is one of those flicks I have wanted to see for a while.  As for 6/19/17 it has a 7.3 on IMDB.  Lets go get in some "big trouble" (See what I did there?)
  • Jack Burton has a lot to say...or he likes the sound of his voice...like me
  • I didn't realize this was a John Carpenter flick, nice!
  • That is a lot of money Jack!  You are getting scammed brother
  • For not wanting to talk about it he sure is talking about it
  • Ah the 80's when anything and everything could happen at the airport.  Made action flicks much more fun
  • SWEEP THE LEG!
  • Huh, the kidnapped girl sure is calm
  • I have to say this sure did escalate quickly
  • These guys really like their hats and funny looks
  • Oh and grunting...always lots of grunting in martial arts flicks
  • Did that guy have back scratchers of death?
  • Awesome James Hong is in this flick!  He is awesome
  • Gracie Law?  Really?  
  • Russell was pretty funny back in the day, him as the nerdy salesmen was great
  • Those hats seem really impractical, you can't really see around them
  • Phone guys sure were different back in the 80's
  • Good thing they didn't search him for weapons
  • I think that guy was actually hulking up....brother
  • That would take amazing strength to do the wheelchair thing
  • They left her with paper and pen yet they tied the other one up?
  • No one else hears those shots or the girls screaming?
  • Why the cartwheel?  Kung fu fights never make sense to me!
  • Was that a dive by Cattrall?
  • Wouldn't that grate weight a shit ton?
  • This flick sure seems long and it is only half through
  • Of course, why wouldn't there be a fire pole into the sewer
  • It is like a fat beholder!  AWESOME!
  • Oh shit, I just looked up Egg and he is grandpa from 3 ninja's, the ultimate ninja movie!
  • How did the lightning guy miss?  How is he that bad?
  • That is an awesome crossbow
  • Of course, just hit the guy with a big rock!  Killer Croc was right all along!
  • They are stopping at a red light?
Well that was interesting for sure.  I'm not sure what to say about it.  It wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination but was it good?  I think I give it a 6/10 so slightly lower then the others on IMDB.

Almost everything was good or better but on a whole something was missing.  What I can't say for sure.  I am not a huge fan of the wire acts like this or Crotching Tiger.  It becomes old hat very quickly.  

I didn't like the ending either because it is just left there.  I wonder if there was going to be a follow up and the box office failure stopped that from happening.

The acting was okay to good and the effects were well done.

Just felt something was missing and I wish I could say what.  I'm glad that I watched it and ticked another flick off my list but I didn't love it like I wanted to.  

Until next time...here is hoping that you don't find yourself in big trouble...but if you don't listen to what old Jack Burton says and you'll be just fine!

No comments: