2016/07/31

Bottom 100 Movie Review: The Bat People



I am back after a little time off as other things seemed to take priority.  This week I'm checking out #99 on the bottom 100The Bat People.  It stars Stewart Moss, Marianne McAndrew, and Michael Pataki.  As of 7/30/16 it has a 2.8 on IMDB.  "After being bitten by a bat in a cave, a doctor undergoes an accelerating transformation into a man-bat, which ruins his vacation and causes considerable distress for his wife."  Sounds interesting but being from 1974 it'll be interesting how it holds up!

  • Bats are always kind of creepy, especially close up shots of them
  • Johnny is kind of weird looking to start off with
  • I believe I asked my bat to be well done not raw damn it!  WAITER!
  • I love how quickly bugs crawl on people in the movies
  • Strange how bats usually avoid people in real life but in the movies always go after people
  • An hour and 45 minutes of this flick?  I think it needed a better editor
  • Johnny just had an awesome look on his face!
  • Did he crush the glass with is hand?  Hard to tell with all the steam
  • Doctors do make the worst patients I hear
  • I miss the old school movie music the 60's and 70's had, the random stings were cool
  • Lots of "Bat-vision" in this flick as you'd expect
  • More eye rolling, its like he is the Undertaker!
  • BAT HAND!  AWESOME!
  • Pretty calm in a hospital where someone died
  • Stewart Moss looks like he could be Chris Kattan 
  • 1/3 of the way through the flick and it isn't horrible.  Its not great but not 2.8 bad
  • And this is why you never smoke pot, you get attacked by Chris "Man Bat" Kattan
  • Why did he steal a random jacket?
  • Is that Kevin Bacon?
  • Wow they just referenced premature ejaculation!
  • Wait he left the house and she didn't notice?
  • This Policeman is quick to suspect a well respected doctor
  • The other doctor has an AWESOME mustache!
  • Its interesting he knows about the transformations but can't stop or control them
  • Wait...why would he turn the siren on?  Won't that draw some unwanted attention...from maybe a certain Sgt.
  • A yes the stereotypical hobo
  • I wonder if the cop is suppose to come off as a complete creep
  • And the answer is yes he is suppose to come off as complete creep
  • This flick is pretty drawn out
  • The makeup job isn't too bad in this flick actually
  • Those bats are kamikazing the shit out of that car!
  • Ah so he can control the bats now...like the Bat King (see TNMT Rat King)
  • Wait..he is going to kill himself because of the bats?  I think I'd have tried to run or something first
Well that flick was weird but it certain didn't belong in the bottom 100 movies!  I have seen a lot worst flicks that get a much better rating.  I wonder if this gets such a bad rap because it was on MST3K, which I don't understand either.  It really isn't horrible.  Odd but not terrible at all.

I don't have a lot to say about it actually.  It was drawn out but everyone did decent to good job acting wise and the make up wasn't laughable.

Overall I'd give it a 4.5/10.  Nothing great but not bottom 100 material!  Upcoming in the next few days is a review of the new flick Florence Foster Jenkins which I'm seeing an early preview of. Also I am going to try and do another bottom 100 flick.  Until next time...Abyssinia!

2 comments:

MsWholigan said...

Good review! I love your fun random bulleted comments that are apparently done as you go. And have I ever told you that I LOVE the title of your blog? It's a greally name. :-)

MsWholigan said...

Good review! I love your fun random bulleted comments that are apparently done as you go. And have I ever told you that I LOVE the title of your blog? It's a greally name. :-)