2016/07/09

Bottom 100: Monster a Go-Go



Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, whenever it is you've stumbled upon my ramblings and rantings.  Today I'm checking out another from the Bottom 100.  #22 as of 7/22/16.  Monster a-Go Go.  "A space capsule crash-lands on Earth, and the astronaut aboard disappears. Is there a connection between the missing man and the monster roaming the area?"  
  • This has a very 60's feel to it...I don't know if that is a good or bad thing yet
  • I LOVE old school voice overs that they did back in the day to give us exposition
  • So mangled they can't so it on film!
  • Nice one camera shot with no close ups or anything.  Just a wide room shot
  • Uncle Frank won't be coming home...EVER!
  • How are you going to have an ice cream soda?  You're going back tot lab
  • DEAR LORD WHAT WAS THAT SOUND?  A TELEPHONE!
  • Yeah probably some kids prank!  Probably not radiation....
  • The audio is horrible in this flick
  • The first microwave!
  • Dialog was awful back in the 60's!
  • MST3000 considered this the worst film ever on their show....what have I done to myself...
  • Awesome random dancing scene!  
  • Random parking scene...older movies loved those (just look at Manos: Hands of Fate)
  • Wow this dude is handsy!
  • Someone shut that dog up!
  • I want my face to be like that when I die
  • Why would he leave his car?  That is just weird
  • This is why I dislike most old movies, they are boring
It is hard to review older flicks like this.  Obviously the acting and SFX are going to be completely different from what we expect today.  IT isn't fair to judge by our standards today and I haven't watched enough of the flicks from the time period to give a fair judgement.  I have watched a lot of older TV however and I will tell you this was bad.  

It was the acting.  If you look at things like Dragnet or other shows from the time period the acting is piss poor, I know, but just ten minutes in I knew this was going to be bad.

I don't have a lot to say about the flick that I haven't said above.  The flick was probably not bad by the days standards but not something I'd want to watch again!

No comments: