2015/06/10

Did I really just read an article about masturbating On The Q Train While Eating a Gyro? (that is what we call clickbait!)

A few weeks ago or whenever an old high school friend suggested I start blogging again (mostly due to my random nerdy comments and the hilarious zingers I post....this is my blog and my reality so shut up you!) I thought a while and did it.  I thought to myself that this time it'll be different.  I will just do the nerdy stuff, book reviews, movie reviews, some pro-wrestling stuff perhaps but nothing heavy.

That is why I stopped last time, I found myself doing more political stuff and heavy stuff.  I don't want to but it is what I find myself writing about again and again and again.  I find myself confused by the ignorance and stupidity of the average person until the anger and bitterness flows out of me on this blog!  I have half a dozen half written posts I stopped because they were "old Gene" rantings. Then I realized something, it wasn't "old Gene" come out to play, but just me.  So fuck it, I am going to be me!

Two things I am going to talk about.  Caitlyn Jenner and the is the stupid Facebook post I found from Anna Breslaw dating back to December of last year!

I should know that when you start anything off with "let me explain my position" or "I know this is going to sound sexist but..." that I am probably opening a can of worms better left closed but I'm not that smart!

I know this is going to sound sexist but I hate feminist.  I do.  Why?  Because they are just sexist with a better sounding name!  I am all for equality, I really am despite the jokes I make at times...but they're all funny so it is okay.....like when you make jokes about Republicans or Sarah Palin.  Some of the most influential people in my professional life have been women.  I won't say their names here because I don't have permission but my first IT boss and the store manager at a certain bookstore in Twin Falls Idaho taught me a lot about how to treat people professionally, something I forgot at times.  I believe that women should get equal pay if they do the same job at the same skill level as anyone else.  I believe they should get more time off after having younglings (I also believe the father should get the same time off to be there and support the mother of his baby).  I am for EQUAL rights. However I am not for this "I want everything equal but treat me different" that some feminist want.  I treat everyone equal until you give me a reason not to.

There now that you guys are properly skewed to hate me and everything my white male privileged view point will give let me continue this horribly written rant!

A friend posted an old Twitter post from a Anna Breslaw who has written such excellent articles for Comso as "7 sad but true reasons women fake orgasms" and a blog post for Cosmo entitled "I Had Sex With Myself On The Q Train While Eating a Gyro."  No I did not read either but if I call myself a journalist I guess she can too!  Oh and she her twitter description is "crone.  debut novel 4 teenz SCARLETT EPSTEIN HATES IT HERE (Razorbill/Penguin 2016)"  Sorry this makes it sound like I am attacking this person who does something for a living I'd like, I'm not really but I want to give background on the person a bit.  I tried to see if there was a wikipedia page and this came up "do women who have anal sex get more orgasms? Slate, October 11, 2010".  I can't really do much more research on her here at work while waiting for Office to install!

Anywho Anna posted that on twitter back on 12/13/14 "My Sister is doing an experiment:  Whenever men walk towards her,e she doesn't move out of the way first.  So far she has collided with 28 men."




Being the journalist I am I found an article on her sisters "experiment" here.  There are so many things I want to say about this so let me begin....

  • There is no science behind this.  How many men moved verse how many didn't?  How many women moved verse how many didn't?  What was the control?  
  • 28 people ran into her in New York in how long a period?  I would assume only 28 people in NYC is a good day!
  • Why is she so entitled that she shouldn't have to move?  Because a man should give way to a woman?  
    • This is what I am talking about, equal but different.  YOU move for ME!  I am not saying these men are correct in not moving for her but why should they have to move for her
  • Was she on the correct side of the sidewalk/store/etc.?  Its like a street people
I could go on but this is insane!  Now the article brings up "Manspreading" which apparently is a mass transit things where guys take up several seats because we sit with our legs spread (and honestly almost every man does, I am doing it at my desk right now without realizing it until I typed this).  It apparently is a major problem and I actually had a friend post a different article on it.  I'd like to say I could explain it but I can't.  I guess it is because of our extra bits down there I don't know but I sit that way and for that I guess I am sorry!  I would like to say I don't sit that way in public areas like a train or an airplane but I don't know if I do or not.  Anyway this article, and the other I read about it, imply (and I believe flat out say) that men do this to show that we are dominate over women.  I thought our penis did that! (a horrible joke....leave me alone!).  Seriously though is this true?  Is that what women think?  Is that what men think (consciously or subconsciously)?  I usually have to pay people extra to dominate me!  (YES!  MORE SEX JOKES!)  

I guess my problem is that I have this problem at the store all the time and at no point did I assume it is because they are male or female but just rude.  Is it because I am the privileged white male that I don't assume someone is doing something to me because of what/who I am?  I am not being a smart ass (this time) but actually wondering if that is the case.  

I guess I hate to see this out there with nothing substantial to follow up with it.  Nothing but one person making "observations" that are extremely slanted one way.  Here I should say I am not denying this or saying that the findings are false in any way.  I do not doubt that she had this experience but could her perception influenced her reality?  Its like saying that all babies are loud and annoying.  Guess what, all the babies you notice or experience are probably going to be just that.  

And I could be wrong.  Perhaps all men are leg spreading knocking down people assholes.  If that is true I guess I need to stop moving aside for people. 

I guess I won't go into Caitlyn Jenner as I've ranted and raved more than enough on this and actually took some time to research some of this.  

Until next time, as always, Abyssinia!

(full disclosure I did end up reading the article about having an orgasm why eating a gyro...which was possibly the worst thing I've read since this blog.)

No comments: