2011/01/24

Post Office

So the post office is in trouble? Big surprise. Has anyone been in a post office recently? They are horrible. I mean just horrible. Recently I went to the local Post Office to set up a PO Box. Why? Well I just moved and I will be doing it again in like 6 weeks. Instead of changing my address several times I figured this would be an easier. Oh how wrong I was. I stood in line there for 45 minutes. That's right nearly and hour and would have stood there longer had I not just said screw it and walked out. Oh did I mention that I didn't move in line that entire time. Yep, not a single person got helped and there were 3 people working. What these asshats were doing I'll never know. I will not be going back to a post office in the near future if ever! UPS and FedEx have basically already replaced the post office.

I rarely mail anything. I use my bank's bill pay to pay my bills. Text/phone/email to keep in touch with people. I honestly don't see the need for the Post office. I know we have to keep it there because there will be old people, like my grandparents, who still use it. It's like a business having to take checks for the older generation but I say eliminate most of them. Cut back to just delivering the mail to like Tuesday through Friday. Also tell the people working at them that if they can't get people through the line in a reasonable amount of time then they will find people who can.

The bottom line is the Post Office needs to get into the 21st Century or get left behind. I personally say leave them behind!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

True statement. The Post Office DOES suck. The last time I went there (a year ago? Maybe?) there were two of us in line to be helped by one of the two tellers present and it took 30 minutes for them to get to me. All I had to do was pick up a package that the mailman didn't want to leave at my apartment complex's main office.

Another good use of our tax dollars ...