2010/10/12

Movie review of Mindhunters

There was a movie several years ago I wanted to see called Mindhunters. It starred LL Cool J, Christian Slater, Val Kilmer and several others. The premise of the movie is that a group of want to be FBI profilers are taken to an island for their final test before being accepted or rejected as a profiler. Kilmer plays the instructor while the rest of the cast is trying to get into the FBI. Once they get to this island, which they are the only people on, they realize that there is a killer on the island with them. The killer doesn't just kill the profilers however. He uses traps throughout the island to kill people.

I remember seeing a preview for this movie years ago and thinking that looks interesting. Then nothing. I don't know if this movie EVER made it to theatres to be honest. I would have seen it had I known it was released. Over all it is a movie I like because while they do a good job of misdirection you also aren't sure. I'll be honest the person I thought it was it wasn't.

It had an Usual Suspects vibe to it as you knew it was one of the people but you didn't know who. The answer wasn't right in your face like Suspects ended up being in a way. While I don't believe anyone figured the Usual Suspects out even though some claim to this one you can figure out.

Not a bad movie, it seems really long, and that isn't a bad thing even though I did think it was going on for quite a while, it was good. It's a movie most people haven't heard of I don't think but is worth checking out.

No comments: