2010/08/18

More Colony stuff

I am getting caught up on the Colony. The show is fantastic as I've said before. Last week's episode brought up a good point, trust. Episode three introduced two new people to the colony and it changed things.

The big thing was the way the colony responded to the new people. The colony tell them they can stay in a house near them. Then when the new people, wisely, decided to start collecting stuff sitting around the colony gets a little pissy. They then start yelling that the newbies aren't staying in quarantine and taking their stuff. One guy, Jim, even tells George to go get his knives and threatens to cut the newbies up. In a word...AWESOME!

I honestly don't blame him at all. Hell I'm not sure I would trust the people I was first thrust in with. Why would I trust people I don't know. Maybe I'm just un-trusting, maybe I've seen too many movies but I wouldn't trust my own mother (as the saying goes) in an end of the world situation. I also wouldn't expect people to trust me. Hell I don't trust me. Its great to say I would be all about the team or what not but when push comes to shove would I? Knowing me I would to start off with...but then as things went along my anger and mistrust would most likely keep pushing me away. No matter what it would be good TV though that's for sure.

This week once again the teacher did NOTHING! She continues to be what I would call the weakest link of the group. George continues to be the guy who impresses me. This week he built a bellows and forge and started making tools.

The other thing that bugged me was when they wanted the newbies to go into quarantine at all. If it takes 12 hours to show signs of the nuclear flu then if they don't show signs it when they show up then they don't have it. Hello!

I just saw the end of the third episode and the colony just raided a warehouse with people in it. Oh how things change.

In episode 4 the burned one of the buildings down as a distraction. They see a guy grabbing stuff and they let this happen for HOURS! Finally they went out but man it took forever. And who's idea was it to stay in the house? My favorite person the teacher. Again I don't know how I would react in the given situation but I know how I would want to respond and that is to take that SOB out.

Now I won't spoil episode 4's ending but it was just what I expected to happen. I couldn't have wrote it better myself. I saw it coming and when it did I smiled. I am evil but they do an amazing job of making you come back for more. Discovery I applaud you!

No comments: