2010/08/04

The Colony Episode 2

I'm watching the second episode of the Colony and I have a new hated person on the, the teacher Sian. She annoys the hell out of me. When they are going to go back to the dead pigs she flat out says hell no she is not going to go get the pigs. Then when one of the people who went, the model, needs to wash the rancid smell out of her hair she makes a big deal of out.

First off the washing of the hair is a psychological thing for some people. Hell if someone just went into a back of a semi trailer and pulled out rotting pigs the least you can do is let them wash their hair. Especially after not being willing to go themselves.

Right now besides that I don't have issues with anyone else. I am really surprised I am not annoyed by the model. I thought for sure she was going to be the one that annoyed me but so far she has done what she was needed.

Again I don't know how I would react and god willing I won't in real life. I would LOVE to go on the show and just fuck with people.

Someone, and I am sorry who said this, but someone I talked to said they would like to know the psychological damage that this does to someone and its a good point. While it isn't 'real' it has to slowly start to feel that way. Like when people start of associate with their kidnappers and things like that.

GOOD GRIEF! They just showed one of the guys kill a snake! Now a second snake! That is insane and awesome at the same time. Of course I wouldn't be doing that as I am ascared of snakes even worse than spiders.

The teacher just now asked if those were alligators...when talking about the snakes. I don't want her teaching my kids if she doesn't know the difference between the two.

Back to the snake thing though, I think its awesome they showed them killing the animals and them skinning and eating it. Last season I doubted some of the stuff they did but not as much this time.

Another thing I like about this week is that George doesn't look as much like a idiot. At the end of last weeks episode he was the one who took the worse beating. This week he was one of the group that went and got the pigs. He also created a 'spear' which caught one of the two snakes. Now he just helped set up what could end up being a major part of the generator.

Overall this week if I had to pick a weakest link it is the teacher. This week she did NOTHING useful. She helped build a bridge that didn't end up doing anything and that's it. Everyone else either helped get the pigs to make bio-diesel or went and hunted for food.

Overall this season seems much more 'real' to me. I think the bio-diesel thing is a stretch for people to know how to do but who knows maybe the crazy Cajun dude did know that. If you aren't watching get caught up because its a damn good show. Anyway back to reading "The New Dead" which so far isn't so good.

Until next time....abyssinia

No comments: