2010/08/04

Book review for Beyond Exile by J.L. Bourne




This is a brief review for the second in a zombie series by J. L. Bourne. The first is called Day By Day Armageddon.

I didn't enjoy the second book as much as I did the first book but it is still good. Much like the other reviewer I did miss the one or few against the world aspect of the first one. This one also got slightly bogged down half way through and took a little bit of time to pick up. The inclusion of Remote Six, while different, seemed to muddy the water a bit as it were. I also almost saw a bit of Fallout 3 included this time that was fun and also seemed to cheapen the book a bit. But that could just be the introduction of the "Glowing" ghouls. I would again recommend this to anyone that enjoys a good zombie book. It did make me look up every time I heard a noise while finishing this tonight. Next up is the New Dead which I'll review soon.

If you want to purchase the book head over to BN.com (shameless plug) or even better go to your local book store (BN or whatever) and keep the money in your 'community'. Don't lecture me on if it stays in the community atleast your sorta paying for someone's you might know. I'm trying to do a good thing and not be too hippish about it!

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Beyond-Exile/J-L-Bourne/e/9781439177525/?itm=2&USRI=beyond+exile

No comments: