2008/12/19

Randomness

I figured it has been a few days so I would throw up an old fashion fat man post.

*I believe that sometimes Corporations are out to screw themselves over. I mean it, I think that they let their formulas, paperwork and overhead screw themselves. Last night, what a week before Christmas, we were working practically a skeleton crew. At one point I was the only cashier and probably 25 people in line. ONE CASHIER A WEEK FORE CHRISTMAS! GOOD GRIEF! And you know what? I guess it is going to be that way tonight too. What could possibly be one of our biggest nights of the year and I will probably be alone or with one other cashier. We were so busy last night we weren't even able to answer phones at one point! But you know what surprised me the most about it all? Not a soul left the line that I saw.

*Continuing with the above work related stuff during this time of aloneness with all the "joyous" customers I had a lady ask me if I could call other cashiers. I had done it every other customer. I looked at her and said "They are all with other customers" and this lady rolled her eyes at me. I really wanted to continue and say we are either short up here or short on the floor, no matter what we do you will complain so what the fuck do you want from me? Of course being the good soldier I am I called again only to get a call from the manager telling me I was SOL and I was alone.

*Now that isn't to say that all the customers were assholes last night. Actually despite us being up shit creek staff wise most of the people were quite nice even though by like 8 I was dead on my feet. I tried, I tried quite a bit. I had spurts where I was my usually charismatic self (paraphrasing a customer).

*Ok I am continuing this from earlier as I got home from work a while ago. Today work wasn't quite as bad as last night but I did have two customers piss me off big time. One was this. I was helping two gentlemen with books they had on hold while I had the other cashier calling orders because we are really REALLY behind on them. I am walking back and this lady comes up and says "is ANYONE here to help us?" I looked to the other cashier and back to the lady and thought "well no there isn't. We don't help fucking assholes now get the fuck out of my store you bitch." or "help you with what? I am just behind this counter because I like it...did you expect me to...like ring you up for your books or something?" I mean we weren't just standing around and this bitch hadn't been in line more then 30second, a minute tops. She was a bitch. Another was this guy was walking up as I was doing a pick up on a till. I turn to him and say we will be with him in a just a second. You see I was pulling money out and don't like people/customers standing there. Just a safety thing you know, they could easily grab it and run or something. After I finish I am sealing in and doing the rest of the paperwork when this fucker says something like "can I come over now or am I interrupting still". I swear I wanted to jump over the counter and beat the fucker with his books.

*On good type news I took Ace out after our recent snow storm and he was cracking me up. First he is insane when it comes to snow and just starts sniffing everything like a nut job. Well today we got a lot of snow and he was running/bounding around in the snow. He climbed over every snow "bank" pile the plows made. I was laughing and he was covered. I needed it lets just say that. He is curled up next to me here on the couch. As much of a pain in the ass the mutt is he is the only thing I got.

*I bought myself a Christmas present a couple of weeks ago, the complete DVD set of The Wire. While the show isn't on the level of the Shield but its close. Its funny because it can go further then the Shield yet it seems less edgy. I know that a bunch of it is based on real life stuff that happened in Baltimore while the Shield is all fiction but I find the writing on the Shield better, especially early on.

*Speaking of the Shield, the series finally was a bit of a let down. Ok more then a bit. I was extremely disappointed. I just wish it didn't leave so many strings hanging.

Well I have been writing on this off and on the last few days so there you go. Time for a shower and to get dressed for work. Until next time...ABYSSINIA!

1 comment:

MsWholigan said...

I'm enjoying digging around your past life.
The crappy customer files are amusing in their familiarity.
And the little glimpse of Ace in the snow is adorable.and sad.