2008/12/10

The Muppets

This looks familiar, vaguely familiar,
Almost unreal, yet, it's too soon to feel yet.
Close to my soul, and yet so far away.
I'm going to go back there someday.

Sun rises, night falls, sometimes the sky calls.
Is that a song there, and do I belong there?
I've never been there, but I know the way.
I'm going to go back there someday.

Come and go with me, it's more fun to share,
We'll both be completely at home in midair.
We're flyin', not walkin', on featherless wings.
We can hold onto love like invisible strings.

There's not a word yet for old friends who've just met.
Part heaven, part space, or have I found my place?
You can just visit, but I plan to stay.
I'm going to go back there someday.
I'm going to go back there someday.

Gonzo


I haven't been feeling well the last couple of days. There are several reasons but not the point. I just haven't felt well. I also had to work a weird split shift today which didn't help much either. But then something happened. Suddenly the store music switched from the usual crappy Christmas music to the Muppets. It changed my mood completely. I don't know why but the Muppets cheered me up. I felt better all around and found myself feeling almost normal.

As I said before the Holiday's are depressing for SO many reasons but the Muppets for that one moment changed everything. I believe that the Muppets should be required everyday for work. I know it would cheer me up each day, I mean how can you be in a bad mood with Fozzie telling bad jokes? Or with Gonzo and Rizzo singing and cracking jokes. I think the world has forgotten just what Jim Henson brought the world.

I am sure tomorrow evening I will be back in my piss poor mood but tonight thanks to Jim Henson I was in a good mood, cracking jokes. Jim, thank you.

Until next time....ABYSSINIA!