2008/12/07

Christmas

The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn't for any religious reasons. They couldn't find three wise men and a virgin. - Jay Leno


I really...REALLY hate Christmas and the entire holiday season actually. I pretty much hate everything about it. I the congestion it creates...EVERYWHERE. I hate the people out and about bumping into each other, being even ruder then people usually are. You have EVERYONE asking for money. Ringing bells, asking at the door of places, businesses asking for donations.

As a retail worker I hate having to ask for donations...on a side note I do kick fucking ass at it and have more then double the next person on getting book donations...but really that doesn't mean I like it. I hate going to the store and buying a buck twenty five water and getting asked to donate ten dollars, and its even works having to asking people to buy a book for the same price as the one they are buying or more if all they are buying are a magazine.

Yes I understand the holidays are for sharing the wealth and are about other people and those less fortunate then us but you know something, I don't have any cheer this year. I mean I have even less then normal and that boggles the mind. It has been a rough year for everyone and honestly the last thing I want is to be cheered up.

Seriously sometimes I think it is just best to leave people alone. People need to deal with this shit storm that the country is in in their own way. That doesn't mean politicians giving us speeches. That doesn't mean giving "till it hurts".

I don't mean to sound mean, cruel, insensitive or any of those other words people spit out for people like me. You know what I am, I am me. I am a lonely 29 year old whose family doesn't seem to have much use for, who is single and really wishes he could just work on the holidays and forget that they even exist. I am me. Call me a Grinch...call me whatever you want....but I hate Christmas.

Oh and to make this year the worst Christmas EVER is that the last time I was happy, truly happy, was right before Christmas last year. Merry Christmas to me!

To everyone who enjoys this time of year I wish you a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays for any one of other faiths. For those of you who are with me and hate Christmas join me on the 25th and see a movie and walk the dog.

Until Next time...Abyssinia!!

1 comment:

MsWholigan said...

Rough time of year for many.
Too high expectations sometimes.
Sometimes just because everything bad in their lives happened during the holiday season. I suffer all that in the fall because I like to get it out of the way.
You just need one good Christmas. One really good one, and I think it could erase all the rest.
Meantime, as you no doubt already know, there's no need to love it or feel judged if you don't.
It was a magical part of my childhood, and I look for opportunities to make that magic in the lives of others. I haul a Christmas tree to some family I know that doesn't have one. I get a group together to donate gifts to a single mother who just lost her job. This year I tried my damndest to find a charitable organization that would allow me to volunteer to help over the holidays, but nowadays nobody lets you in without a thorough background check, and there was no time for all that. I'm not saying my efforts make me better than anyone else. If anything, they're just to distract myself from my own brand of holiday misery.