2020/06/26

1994-01-29 WCW Pro



Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today, 2020-06-26, I am checking out the Jan. 29th 1994 episode of WCW Pro.  I know these are a little out of order but it as I get them at times!  We have Johnny B. against Slazenger, Jim Steele in action and The Boss, Ric Flair and Sting against Ron Simmons, Steve Austin and Rick Rude from Saturday Night.  Enough talk lets get to the ring!

  • Two underrated guys here
  • The fans into JBB
  • That was a quick match and sadly JBB kind of screwed up the finish
  • This is the Vader we should have got in WWF.  Imagine if we had!
  • MVP of WCW in 1994 Dustin Rhodes in the ring.  Throw in Regal and JBB and you had the men who carried the company in my opinion
  • So this match will go 20 or so minutes and go 50-50 right?  Oh wait this is not 2020 my bad
  • Another good showing for Dustin
  • Surprised that Steele is not barefoot
  • The Thesz Press is the WORST finisher ever
  • If I was Al I would...well I would run
  • Vader was a monster at this point.  Every time I see him here I think about what Vince should have done with him
  • All six of these guys are in the HOF so think about the talent!
  • I have said before how much I like Ray Traylor and this might be him as this best in the ring
  • Same with Sting and Austin honestly
  • If you had to draw what a wrestler looked like you would draw Rick Rude I think
  • Fans want Sting, interesting that it is not flair.  But then again Flair as a face just never really worked
  • Love the drop toe hold by Simmons and that Solie actually mentioned it
  • A sunset flip by Boss?  The first time ever for that?
A decent show.  Nothing special and matches we have seen before but all decent matches.  The only thing I would say to hunt down would be the Vader match because he is so physical!

RESULTS
  • Johnny B. Badd def Tex Slazenger
  • Interview:  Vader & Harley Race
  • Dustin Rhodes def. Rick Tango
  • Superbrawl Control Center:  Sir William & Steven Regal (TV Champion)/Arn Anderson
  • Jim Steele def. Bob Starr
  • Vader def. Al Phillips
  • Interview:  Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags (WCW Tag Team Champions)
  • Interview:  Col. Rob Parker & Steve Austin (US Champion) & Ron Simmons
  • Sting/Ric Flair/The Boss def. Rick Rude/Steve Austin (US Champion)/Ron Simmons

No comments: