2020/06/27

2020-01-04 MLW Fusion


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today I am checking out my first MLW show, from the first of this year, 2020-01-04.  I am not sure what is going on in MLW at this point but let us find out what is going on with MLW

  • You have to say that you believe what Mance is saying when he talked which is the first sign of a good promo
  • This might be the worst intro ever in wrestling!
  • This show looks very low budget, probably because of the arena they are in.  Looks very small, guess not low budget
  • Look at Lawlor's ears!
  • Of course the real great Von Erich, Lance!
  • Why is this insulting, Lance was a Von Erich, I saw him on WCCW TV!
  • What is up with Tom's ring gear?
  • This is probably not the best first match for someone to see of MLW
  • And the crowd goes mild for this great angle
  • Is that Mike Mondo?  HE IS HUGE!
  • Uggg, Jimmy Havoc is on MLW?  I am NOT a fan
  • Wow Davey Boy Smith Jr. is looking OLD!  It has been years since I have seen him but wow
  • MJF!  I LOVE IT!
  • Good grief even the ref has horrible tats
  • Davey looks like a buff Forrest Gump!  Right down to the weird look
  • Why are they arguing with the greatest wrestler in the business MJF?
  • Could Davey had swung any slower at Holliday?
  • Wow...are we sure that this is Brian Pillman Jr?  He does not look like his dad at all!
  • How stupid is Kotto Brazil hair?
  • This show seems to have taken all the annoying parts of ECW and use them
  • This Contra unit is interesting but I do not get Simon being on it
  • Fatu is a MONSTER!
  • Why is there so much pointing in wrestling now?
  • Fatu should not be doing that kind of stuff on TV.  A handstand moonsault should be a holy shit moment from Fatu, not a transition move!
  • Is it a 20 count or 200 count on the outside?

Well that was a show I guess.  There was nothing there that made me think this was a great show.  The opening segment was not good at all, with Lawlor and whatnot being great.  I enjoyed the Davey Boy match but went a little long.  I LOVE Jacob Fatu and dear lord he could be a huge star in AEW or WWE!  However, that match was just moves.  It made little sense.  

I am sure if I know the storylines I would enjoy the show more and I will continue to watch because any wrestling is good wrestling!

Results
  • Segment:  Mance Warner
  • Segment:  Tom Lawlor
  • Tom Lawlor def. Rip Von Erich via Stoppage
  • Segment:  Tom Lawlor
  • Segment:  Tom Lawler/Mike Mondo & Ken Doane/Ross Von Erich & Marshall Von Erich
  • Recap:  Strong Hearts/Contra
  • Segment:  Salina de la Renta/Richard Holliday/Alexander Hammerstone (National Openweight Champion)
  • Interview:  Davey Boy Smith Jr.
  • Davey Boy Smith Jr. def. Alexander Hammerstone (National Openweight Champion) in a Opera Cup 2019 Semi Final Match
  • Interview:  Brian Pillman Jr./Kotto Brazil
  • Segment:  Jacob Fatu (MLW World Champion) & Josef Samael
  • Segment:  Erick Stevens
  • Segment:  Low Ki
  • Jacob Fatu (MLW World Champion) /Josef Samael/Simon Gotch def. CIMA/El Lindaman/Shigehiro Irie
  • Segment:  Tom Lawlor

No comments: