2020/06/13

Classic Wrestling: 1994-01-15 Pro


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this entry.  We are going back in time for this blog as I recently found some January WCW pro shows!  I have as many shows as possible but as I find backfill shows I will post them.  I have no idea if these shows are just repeated shows like Worldwide and Power Hour so lets find out!
  • Boone would be a star in this day and age, he was so smooth
  • What was up with Boones "Trunks"
  • Weird that in a year or so Scott Studd will be featured in the American Males
  • Who has the best Piledriver?  Orndorff or Lawler?
  • So far I think these are new matches or shows I do not have in my library!
  • The fans are into it even if some of them are plants
  • What exactly is an "Ice Train"?  I feel like it should have been a nickname.  John "Ice Train" Smith something like that
  • It is nice to have Larry Z and Gordan together.  
  • Cobra in action!  Weird to see some guys like Farmer to get so many chances with a company.  
  • I liked the Cobra/Sgt. Craig Pittman feud but I might be the only one
  • Bob Cook fan club?  Really?  
  • I did not get the Thunder and Lightning team...and neither did anyone else hence their short stay
  • Decent finisher but the team just did not do anything for anyone
  • My favourite wrestler of all-time Lord Steven!
  • Did Santo get those trunks for X-Mas?
  • A dropkick by Regal?  That is different!
  • So the difference between Regal and Omega is this:  Regal lets Santo get some offense in but did not need to hit multiple finishers.  Omega lets his opponent kick out of this finisher.  
  • NOT A LEGAL TAG!  PILLMAN DID NOT HAVE HIS FEET ON THE APRON!!
  • Pillman is the only guy no in the Hall of Fame in this match; shows the talent WCW had
  • Why did Rude not tag?
  • Sting and Rude loved that tombstone spot!
  • Well Rude did for sure, I think he did it with everyone in WCW
A really good show.  The main event was fantastic!  Actually everything was really good.  This shows why WCW took over in 1995 & 1996 in my opinion.  Yes they had the nWo but man they had such a good base!

RESULTS
  • Paul Orndorff/Paul Roma def. Brady Boone/Scott Studd
  • Ice Train def. Johnny Stevens
  • Thunder & Lightning def. Bob Cook/Bob Starr
  • Steven Regal (TV Champion) def. Larry Santo
  • Interview:  Paul Roma & Paul Orndorff
  • Rick Rude (International Champion)/Steve Austin (US Champion) def. Sting/Brian Pillman 

No comments: