2020/03/04

Movie Review: Come to Daddy


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today, 2020-02-09, I am checking out the recently released flick Come to Daddy.  It stars Elijah Wood, Stephen McHattie and Garfield Wilson.  Currently it has a 6.1 rating with just over 3100 votes.  "A man in his thirties travels to a remote cabin to reconnect with his estranged father."  It sounds interesting so let us get to the flick!

  • You know a movie is going to be good when one of the first things you see is a Beyonce quote!
  • Nice moustache Frodo!
  • Well at this point, I would say good to see you, dad, we will meet up again in a long time, because you are obviously insane
  • It is a hell of a good view
  • Only 19 now sunshine
  • Why would he sleep with is mom?
  • Is he drinking that wine or making love to it?
  • Blazing beats?  Really?
  • So which one of these two are insane?
  • Did his dad just chuck a giant rock at him?
  • 35 years huh?  I do not know if I would even bother personally
  • Stuff rats up your vagina?  What does that mean?  I mean it is obvious but really?
  • Well this escalated quickly!
  • Why did he call mom?  Why is he waiting for Friday?  WTF is going on?
  • This is one weird-ass cop
  • I wonder....do I have raisin eyes?
  • WTF?  They are going to store the body at the house?  What kind of screwed up shit is this?
  • Lots of eye talk in this movie
  • No way that dead body would be in a house I was staying, nope no way
  • I think this is all a drunk hallucination and he killed his dad
  • My wife just guessed he has people in the basement.  That they are beating on the pipes and that is who he was yelling at.  Could be!
  • Was he just sleeping with his dead dad?!  
  • Well this once again escalated quickly!
  • What in the blue hell is going on?  
  • Poop pen...ha ha
  • I do not trust this guy at all, dad or not
  • There is just some random guy pooping...and now beating up Frodo with no pants on
  • OH MY GOD RIGHT IN THE MAN PARTS!!
  • A flaming crossbow?
  • This is some violent shit!
That was a movie that is for sure.  I am not sure what to say about it.  I give it a 5/10.  Below my usual rating I know but it was weird.  There were so many random things that just did not make sense.  It was also violent in a weird way as well.

Overall I would not suggest this flick unfortunately.  I liked everything but something seemed missing in it and I cannot say what.  Not a bad flick but not something I would recommend.  

Until next time....Abyssinia!

No comments: