2020/02/04

Movie Review: Jojo Rabbit



Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today, with the Oscars only a week or so away, the better half and I are watching Jojo Rabbit.  Up for Best Picture and best support actress for sure if not other awards.  IMDB has it rated at 8.0/10 with 69,007 registered votes.  It stars Roman Griffin Davis, Thomasin McKenzie and Scarlett Johansson.  I know very little about the flick so lets get to it!
  • I LOVE THE OPENING!  Hitler and the Beatles are the perfect mashup
  • Who knew Adlof was so funny acting
  • I like that this is probably more like who Germany really was (and IMDB confirmed this)
  • Wait...is this movie about Anne Frank
  • My wife did not think the above joke was funny because she was in an attic, not a crawl space
  • I KNEW IT WAS ABOUT ANNE FRANK!
  • That girl cannot be a Jew though, no scales or serpent tongue or anything like that
  • Dear lord how long are that girls arms
  • He carries around a steak knife?
  • Wait...are the Jews the bad guys in this film?  She was not nice at all
  • Do Jews have mind control?  
  • Female Jewish Jesse Owens
  • For the record this Adolf character is brilliant, burning down the house and blaming Churchill is the PERFECT plan
  • Why do people like Black Widow?  She is not a great actor
  • He has a sister?  Where is she?
  • Can we just have a movie with Adolf?  I would watch that
  • A pit with piranas and lava...AND BACON!
  • The hips should ALWAY be bigger Adolf
  • OH NO THE BUTTERFLIES!  RUN JOJO RUN!
  • Yeah, where is your loyalty to the party?  You would probably try to bear witness against President Trump if you were an American to Jojo!
  • They hung his mom?  Really?  Wow, that took a very dark turn!
  • Russians have sex with dogs?  That is why Trump likes them
  • Did Blabba the Hut just die?  If so BEST MOVIE EVER!!
  • Yeah nothing makes sense anymore ever
  • Adolf has red on him
Well that was...um....I do not know what to think about that honestly.  It had some comedy and some heartfelt pain.  It was good but oscar worthy I do not know but then again I do not know anymore what is oscar worthy.  I am glad I saw it as it was a good flick.  I give it a 7/10.  Worth checking out at some point if for nothing else the directors' performance of Adolf.  It also reminded me that Sam Rockwell is an excellent performer!

No comments: