2020/02/01

Classic Wrestling: 1994-01-15 Superstars


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this blog.  Once again we are going back to 1994 this time to January 15th and it is time for WWF Superstars.  Like most of these shows, I have no idea what I will be seeing so let us get to it!
  • Starting off with Flexy Lexy!
  • BOOGER!  I love booger!
  • Seriously I love Bastion Booger/Mike Shaw
  • Guys like Booger are what is missing in wrestling. Now we do not get massive guys like Booger we get midgets like Marko Stunt
  • Vince McMahon and his YES...NO call on a near fall, I miss that
  • I love that they keep teasing the body slam, such great old school stuff to make the slam mean something
  • Wow Flexy did not move when Booger charged the post like you expect
  • Is this the best version of Vince?  I think so
  • How great was Gorilla Monsoons voice?  
  • I cannot imagine having to face the Headshrinkers
  • DEAR LORD WHAT A DOUBLE BACKDROP!
  • Bad Barry Horowitz!  Best enhancement performer?
  • Weird, that armdrag was from the wrong side by Tatanka or it looked really weird
  • Loss 5 million for Bad Barry
  • 1994, I get see Jim Cornette on two companies shows...and that is not a bad thing!
  • Wait...Virgil is going to get a squash match?  In 1994?  Really?
  • Stan Lane did not say a word during that match
  • The fans hated IRS but what a great performer.  I wonder why he never did any training...well that I know of
  • Rest in Peace Gillberg!
A fun show with lots of memories of this time.  It was weird to see Virgil in 1994 as I do not really remember him much on TV at this point.  I think he shows up at the rumble filling in for Booger but that was about it.  I also do not remember Luger vs. Booger but that was a fun old school TV match.  The interviews though, a cocky young Double J was great and seriously I said this recently on the SMW review but is there a better person on the mic than the leader of the Cult himself Jim Cornette?  Throw in classic Vince McMahon on commentary and I had fun!

Results
  • Lex Luger def. Bastion Booger
  • Update:  Bret Hart & Owen Hart/Johnny Polo & Jacques and Pierre/Marty Jannetty & 1-2-3 Kid (WWF Tag Team Titles)
  • Samu/Fatu def. Chaz Storm/Tony DeVito
  • Face to Face:  Jeff Jarrett/Razor Ramon (Intercontinental Champion)
  • Tatanaka def. Barry Horowitz
  • Segment:  Undertaker & Paul Bearer
  • Face to Face:  Yokozuna & Jim Cornette & Mr. Fuji
  • Virgil def. Derec Domino via Submission
  • Interview:  Shawn Michaels & Diesel/Bam Bam Bigelow/Jeff Jarrett/Crush/Adam Bomb/Rick Martel
  • Royal Rumble Report:  Randy Savage/Billy Gunn & Bart Gunn//Marty Jannetty & 1-2-3 Kid (WWF Tag Team Titles)
  • IRS def. Tony Roy
  • Face to Face:  Crush/Randy Savage
  • Undertaker def. Duane Gill

No comments: