2019/11/02

1991-01-05 Power Hour Review


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this entry.  Tonight I am checking out the first WCW Power Hour episode of 1991.  The main event is Bobby Eaton taking on Ricky Morton.  Midnight Express taking on the Rock N Roll Express....even though neither of these teams are active at this point.  Let us go to the show!
  • The video on the compy I currently have is really bad so this might be a very short review
  • Pillman got up there to get Cazana on the top rope
  • Its funny, I always remember Z-Man as average in pretty much every way but he would be above average nowadays
  • Who was it in WCW that was obsessed with Little Richard?
  • Wait...is Jericho in AEW copying Hayes with is weird makeup and such?
  • What is with Hayes pant?  
  • Remember when the DDT was the end all be all and not an opening segment move?  I 'member
  • It is weird to think that Rick Steiner now sits on a school board in Georgia I believe
  • Rick was always stiff-looking in the ring; always looked believable
  • The Black Scorpion could have been so cool
  • Sting never could cut a good promo
  • Watching Taylor in this era I am reminded that he could have been a star if not for the Red Rooster.  I truly believe that.
  • It is weird that all the "job guys" are bigger and better than a lot of the "stars" of today
  • Taylor always needed a better finisher than the "five" arm
  • Did Paul Heyman try to channel Roddy Piper at times?  Never noticed that before 
  • Michael Wallstreet is one of the best wrestlers never to be the man for a major promotion I think
  • Heyman and Ross had some of the best chemistry as announcers
  • It is weird to see Terri without certain...um....assets
  • Hardrock is a big boy!
  • Was there a better technical wrestler than Wallstreet?  I can not think of one
  • Both of these guys need to straighten their hair!
  • Well, Sid is not getting paid by the hour!  Wait...no powerbomb?
  • This match is already going too long
  • Bill Fralic played for the Falcons?  I thought he was a Detroit boy only!
  • Name a more underrated wrestler than Beautiful Bobby?  I do not think you can!
  • If I was a wrestler I would be watching Eaton, Morton, Double A, William Regal and Wallstreet to find out what wrestling is supposed to be like!
  • I would pay to watch these guys go at it today more than I would most of the AEW and WWE main roster!
  • Who has the better mullet between these two?  I am going with Bobby personally
  • I do not like that finish at all!
  • GOOD GAWD LOOK AT MISSY AT THIS POINT!!!
Another fine WCW show.  It is funny that people hated this era of WCW but look at the roster.  I know the storyline were not very good but compared to today...anyway while the storyline sucked the action itself was fine.  Great performers and some legends on the show!

Below are the results
  • VQ: VERY POOR
  • Brian Pillman/Z-Man def. Ed Brock/Joe Cazana
  • Jimmy Garvin/Michael Hayes def. Tommy Angel/Rob Morgan
  • Rick Steiner def. Chuck Coats
  • WNN:  Sting/Ric Flair
  • Terry Taylor def. Brian Carr
  • Michael Wallstreet def. Rick Hardrock
  • Sid Vicious def. Dave Perry
  • Ricky Morton def. Bobby Eaton via DQ

No comments: