2019/11/02

2019-10-31 NXT UK


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today I am check out the 2019 Halloween episode of NXT UK.  I will admit I am not up to date with the storylines or the characters but let us see what I think.
  • I love me some Jazzy Gabert!  I thought she was the store of the Mae Young classic a few years ago
  • This is why NXT is leaps and bounds above AEW.  All four of these ladies look like stars, can you say that about the AEW women's division?
  • I already know more about these for women than most of the AEW roster because of the announcing.  Who would have thought the show with Jim Ross and Tony Schiavone would be the lesser announce team!
  • Tell me that you would buy Riho against any of these four women!
  • I do not like the dive in the opening women's tag match ut it is what people expect 
  • Ripley will be a HUGE star on the main roster in a year for now given the chance
  • How far has Ohno fallen?  He will always be a great vet but good grief remember when he was going to be the next big star
  • Honestly, I think a good idea would be to put Ohno and Ceasar together as the Kings of Wrestling again since it appears Sheamus is gone for good
  • A-Kid is on the smaller side but would be great on 205 I think
  • Great heel move for Ohno!
  • I love that Ohno is wrestling like a heel, it is rare today because everyone wants to be cheered
  • I do not like that finish, makes it look like a fluke, although it appears they are going that route with Ohno, that he loses via flukes over and over again
  • Well I hope Big Wavy is destroyed because he already annoys me
  • Can I cheer for the ref because neither of these guys do anything for me upon first viewing
  • That was weird looking driving the kid into the bottom buckle
  • That was the first match I thought was just there.  Neither guy stood out or was anything "special" to me
  • Who thought giving her a live mic was a good idea?
  • Good grief this is bad
  • I love Mastiff!  He is my brother from another mother!
  • Oh, it is Finn Balor...wait...it is not?
  • I love that NXT has heels that act like heels
  • The way that Devlin is taking Mastiff down works perfectly.  It is almost the guys laying these matches out understand wrestling and it is not a video game
  • Damn what a cutter!
  • While Devlin is smaller it is still believable
Once again NXT does not disappoint!  Aside from the Conners/Johnson match every match felt important and every match delivered without having 40 superkicks, 30 dives and 20 false finishes.  Heels acted like heels, cheating when they needed too.  Rays interview started off rough but got better.  I am interested in who Killer Kelly is and how she is going to start a fight....although those slaps to her face were not very believable.  Overall an excellent show and one that makes me want to see next week which is the goal!

Results of the Show
  • Piper Niven/Rhea Ripley def. Jinny/Jazzy Gabert 
  • A-Kid def. Kassius Ohno via Countout
  • Interview:  Killer Kelly
  • Joseph Conners def. Roy Johnson
  • Segment:  Kay Lee Ray (NXT UK Women's Champion)
  • Segment:  Mark Coffey/Wolfgang (NXT Tag Team Champions)/Joe Coffey
  • Jordan Devlin def. Dave Mastiff 
  • Segment:   Ilja Dragunov/Alexander Wolfe

No comments: