2018/02/07

Explain something to me....

Okay I need to have someone explain something to me because I don't get it...


There are people who believe that Colin Kaepernick isn't being hired because of his actions with the national anthem.  His lawyers are going as far as to say that there is collusion between owners, general managers and the NFL to make sure Colin didn't hired.  They are even trying to get text electronic messages containing certain phrases per a report by Jason La Confora.   They supposedly exchanged over a hundred thousand documents recently.  They are even looking to see if President Trump helped not get Colin a job!


1.  There is no law that says Colin, Tom Brady, Greg Hardy or anyone else should have a job in the NFL.

2.  Colin had an average completion percentage of 59.8 per ESPN, so lets round that up to 60%.  That makes him the 25th best QB in 2016 roughly.  25th best.  If I don't round it up in 2016 he was the 26th best QB.  If he had played in 2017 and stayed at that he would have been the 27th best QB by that rate.  He would be above Mitch Trubisky, Cam Newton, Trevor Siemian, Jacoby Brissett, CJ Beathard and DeShone Kizer.  Only Cam Newton was on an above 500 team and that is because he runs as much as he passes.  


3.  Lets say a team like the Browns or the Bears did see Colin as an upgrade why would they pick him up with all the baggage that he brings to the team?  Ignoring if you agree or disagree with what he did (you can go back and see I've changed my mind back and forth myself) you are dealing with a PR nightmare at this point for a bottom quarter QB.  You are going to isolate a portion of your fans..perhaps more than a portion; could be a majority...for a slight statistical upgrade?  How does that make sense?


4.  I don't believe the owners of the NFL teams could agree on how to spell cat if you spotted them the C and the T.  They are constantly fighting over things but they are ALL going to agree to not hire a guy?  They couldn't agree on how to handle the kneeling during the National Anthem but they are all going to agree not to hire the first one?  


Overall I hate to see this happen to a person.  Colin did what he thought was right, even if you or I don't agree with it.  However he has to live with the consequences of his actions.  

And if you really want to know I don't like what he did.  I don't think not standing for the National Anthem got what he was trying to get across.  I agree with equality and that we are not doing enough to help the inner city youth (be it black, white, yellow, green or whatever color their skin is).  I don't believe we are doing enough to help the youth of America in general.  I believe that there is a race issue in this country...however I think it is exacerbated by the media and the actions of some people...but sometimes that is what is needed to get an eventual favorable solution.  However I don't agree with not standing for the National Anthem.  I feel it is disrespecting to our veterans, but that is my own opinion.  I however believe that he has the right to do what he did.


I guess what I don't understand is how is it wrong if the NFL did say we don't want this person playing the game.  If I was a player and used drugs they kick me out why not if I do something that has an negative impact on their business which some could argue this did?  I don't know the answer to this I just struggle to see that a team HAS to hire a person they don't want.  



No comments: