2018/02/10

Movie Review: Dunkirk


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have come across this entry.  Today, 1/20/18, I am checking out the flick Dunkirk.  It stars Fionn Whitehead, Barry Keoghan and Mark Rylance.  "Allied soldiers from Belgium, the British Empire and France are surrounded by the German Army, and evacuated during a fierce battle in World War II."  It currently has a 8.1/10 with
320,700 votes.

  • How does he know that water wasn't poisoned and left for them to drink
  • Probably should get out from behind the WOOD door kid
  • Its his own people?  
  • I hate to say it but yeah running is probably the best choice
  • Digging his own grave?  Nope...covering up a dead body after stealing the boots
  • Yeah, everyone on the beach seemed like a bad idea...and this is why...bombers
  • That actually did a lot less damage then I would have expected
  • They look like twins running 
  • Those life jackets won't do any good against a U-Boat boys and girls
  • I think I'd stay on the beach personally...but then again they have them against their backs and the sea in front of them...not good odds
  • Why does Nolan have to use such weird shots in most of his flicks?  Odd camera angles and what not
  • Lots of good actors in this flick which isn't suprising
  • Sitting ducks on the bridge and boats
  • Did a good job of locking the door with no noise
  • Fuck you'd have no idea where to go, underwater, dark, in a ship you don't know....the thing of nightmares!
  • Scarecrow does NOT want to go back no matter what!
  • Jesus...what a waste of life!
  • War...war never changes
  • I don't think I'd get in another boat....
  • Don't they realize they're the only civilian boat we've seen thus far?
  • Talk about fish in a barrel!
  • Use the gun and shoot son or you are going to drown
  • How could you live with it?  
  • Nope not the only civilians coming to help
  • An amazing story!
  • Is it bad for a ship to get into oil?  
  • Poor Georgie....never let your name be Georgie in a flick I guess
  • I wouldn't have told Scarecrow Georgie would be okay.  I think I'd probably have thrown him overboard after bashing his head in
  • No answer to the soldier asking if they let everyone down...that says a lot without saying anything
Well that was an amazing flick and part of me wishes I had seen it in the theaters.  The acting was amazing, which is not surprising looking at the cast.  Visually it was not Saving Private Ryan but it was right up there.  If you take out the weird camera angles during the dog fights and it was almost perfect.

Honestly I cannot come up with much to say bad about the flick.  The weird camera angles that Nolan does often and I hate not knowing what happened to Tom Hardy.  I know it is not a true story but based on one but I hate not knowing.

I would suggest anyone who likes a good story or a good movie to check this out.  I give it a 9/10.  One of the best flicks I have seen in a while.

No comments: