2016/11/28

Movie Review: Bad Ben


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you've come across this entry.  Today I'm checking out the flick Bad Ben.  "Tom Riley thought he was getting the deal of a lifetime when he bought a house below market value at a Sheriff's sale. He invested every penny he had with the plan of flipping the home for a profit. Once he owned it, however, he noticed strange happenings, all of which were captured on 21 Surveillance Cameras located throughout the home inside and out. At first he thought people were breaking in, but he soon realized he was dealing with something Paranormal." Its stars Nigel Bach...who is also the director...which might not be a good sign.  However over on IMDB it has a 7/10 as of 11/27...it only has 5 ratings but still a good number.  My future Brother-in-Law asked what we thought about the flick so we are checking out
  • Just because you have typing in your opening you don't need to have "typing" noises!
  • Why would he throw away "The oldest bible I've ever seen"?
  • Was that a ladder and Christmas tree?
  • I'm pretty sure most people would just call the police if they came home to an open door and stuff moved around
  • Nigel Bach isn't very believable when it comes to him be angry
  • Gotta say this is a little slow
  • Shitty yard in the back, that'll get a few bucks knocked off
  • Damn, I want an AC unit that will blow me off the toilet!  Okay...probably not a selling point
  • Did that ghost have a sheet over his head like a ghost in old cartoons?
  • So this ghost is just going to turn on lights in the house then off?  THINK OF THE POWER BILL!!
  • Okay this isn't that bad, the practical effects are nice
  • That guy has some slight anger issues
  • VooDoo?
  • God I hate the sound of babies!
  • He doesn't know what that is?  Its ashes you fool!  The urn is right there!
  • How about that?  Is that better?
  • Shit, that ghost just fucked that guy up!  He got punched in the face by a ghost...is that a pop song?
  • Wait...he just putting the stuff in the grave?  That seems...unproductive to me
  • Doing your own exorcism seems like a bad idea
  • Is this guy Hank Hill?
  • What the hell was the point of the last two minutes of this flick?  To watch him mow the lawn and take out the trash?
  • Pretty sure that is the is the point where I'd leave
  • This is a little drawn out
  • HERE'S BENNIE!
  • What the fuck is that scretching?  
Well that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  I have to give the director/star credit, he's done more than I have!  It was done with mostly practical effects which is good.  The only draw back was that Nigel wasn't the best actor.  I didn't buy when he was angry which is sad.  Also the editing was a little off but enjoyable for the most part.  I'd suggest watching it if you want an okay slow moving horror flick.  There are a LOT worse flicks out there for sure.  I'd give a 6/10.

No comments: