2016/11/26

Life isn't that bad!

It has been a few weeks since I posted and mostly because...well the world at large is shit!  I hate to be that way but it seem that way to me anymore.  Not my little part slice of the world, that is fantastic and I am actually happier then I have been in a long LONG time.


I mean I am an engaged to the ying to my yang when it comes to weirdness.  We fit together great. But sadly at the same time the world seems to have gone into this deep hole of depression that seemingly will never end.


And what makes me a sad panda is that it is over something that people don't even know is coming! I am the king of coming up with scenarios that probably won't happen.  When I can't sleep that is what I do, I run things through my head that MIGHT happen but are as likely as Beyonce coming up and saying she loves a fat man with a beard!


We have people literally crying over things that might happen.  We have people talking about how horrible everything will be.  People, lets be honest, we have no idea what the future holds!  So stop it. 

Look around you and find the happy things in life!  Find the friends that are there for you when you suddenly think one man is going to take the entire world back to the 1700's.  Look around and find the things that make you happy.  Be it a good book or a good movie or a good meal!  Go back to posting stupid pictures of your meals that no one really cares about.  It is better than once again posting some fake news story,


So here is what I want to suggest to everyone, eat drink and be merry.  Stop being so oversensitive to everything.  Stop FINDING things to be offended by.  Stop LOOKING for things to be offended by. We aren't going to have a Muslim registry.  We aren't going to build a wall.  We aren't going to throw Hillary Clinton into jail, even if she did break the law.  We aren't going to repeal all of Obamacare and make doctors use leeches again.  Trump isn't going to get rid of Same Sex Marriage.  We aren't going to see the end of abortions.  Just take a deep breath and relax boys and girls.


So here is what Doctor Gene says.  When you're feeling overwhelmed shut off everything.  Shut off your phone.  Turn off the computer.  Find a friend who will do the same.  Go out to a nice restaurant...or even bad restaurant.  

Then go to redbox or netflix or hulu or piratebay or whatnot and find a good comedy that you love. Watch it and sip wine or rum or whiskey or whatever your drink of choice is.  Watch it and remember it isn't that bad!

I can't believe I'm writing these words but life isn't horrible boys and girls.  It only is if you make it!  

No let me say that if any of what I said above starts happening I will be upset but I honestly don't believe they are going to happen.  Lets wait and see what happens THEN have the appropriate response.   

I will end with these quote:






No comments: