2016/04/30

Minions: A Movie Review



Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you happen to be reading this!  I'm back and this time I'm watching a flick that is not a bottom 100 movie.  Nope.  It actually has a 6.5 as of 4/29/16 on IMDB.  "Minions Stuart, Kevin and Bob are recruited by Scarlet Overkill, a super-villain who, alongside her inventor husband Herb, hatches a plot to take over the world."  It stars the classic voice actors Sandra Bullock, Jon Hamm and Michael Keaton...yep.  Anyway lets get to it!
  • Why wouldn't the T-Rex eat them?
  • They just gave up to play in the snow?  That is weird
  • Is Bob a kid?  Do the Minions age?
  • Villain-Con?  Where do I sign up!
  • I really don't care for the art style of these flicks
  • Yetis suddenly showed up?  AWESOME!
  • 68 was more technically advanced than I thought it would have been
  • Where did that jet engine come from and go into?  Giggity!

  • Are they minions or henchmen?
  • TUBA SOLO!  He stole that joke from me damn it
  • Banana?
  • I don't think this is the usual 3 Little Pigs story
  • I bet that lady kept the whole bar of gold
  • Lots of old school cartoon jokes in this flick
  • Do you think the Oompa Loompa are related to the Minions?
  • Decent sound track in this flick
  • King Bob...not as good as King Gene...just saying

  • CORGI!!

  • Get what you deserve?  That is a major threat!
  • Hey Hey We're the Monkeys?
  • Hanging isn't torture, it is basically killing isn't it?
  • Who didn't see the Beatles there yet it worked
  • That is one fucked up pigeon!
  • Okay running from the bee is pretty good
  • Wow Sandra Bullock really phoned some of these lines in
  • BOB!  I THINK THAT FISH GUY JUST KILLED BOB!
  • Well I didn't see that coming....well I did see it one other time....with Animal
  • I feel like the Doctor Who music should be playing as Kevin tries to save the day
  • Does her dress/rocket keep getting bigger
  • MORE CORGI!
Okay that was an okay flick.  I gave it a 6/10.  Slightly more than average.  There wasn't anything that jumped out as amazing but nothing that make me want to stab myself in the eye either.  

Okay that isn't true.  The performances of Hamm and Bullock left something to be desired at times. You can tell it isn't something they do all the time.  Of course it could be the animation didn't fit the acting but I don't think so.

Overall a decent flick.  Nothing special but nothing over the top bad either.  It was average and sometimes average is good.  


No comments: