2012/10/31

WWE Main Event for 10-31-12 Review


The main event just finished up and here are my thoughts as the show happened:

The show starts off with info about Brad Maddox, the ref show screwed Ryback at Hell in the Cell.  He will be questioned at WWE HQ tomorrow.  They talk a bit about his past saying he failed to become a superstar/wrestler and became a ref when Raw went three hours.  Maddox was seen down in FCW/NXT and is actually not a bad performer.  It will be interesting to see where this goes.  And now it is time for our main event…to open the show.  It will be the Prime Time Players and Albert Del Rio, sans an awesome car here taking on The Masked Duo (my name for them) Rey Misterio, Sin Cara and Randy Orton.

If WWE is serious about Sin Car and Rey Misterio being a team they need to give them a team name, team music and entrance.  Also, as much as I hated them, they need to go back to the half and half masks.

Thus far this has spanned two breaks, maybe they are going to have one match last the entire show minus the recap of HitC and the Alberto segment.  It has been an okay match but I just can’t get behind the face team.

Titus just threw Rey Rey by the heel which was pretty impressive!

Surprisingly it seems to be Alberto as the weak link on the heel team. 

Alberto eats a 619 and then an RKO for the pinfall loss.  Again surprised that it was Alberto taking the pinfall and not one of the PTP.

It is time for your teacher and mine, Matt Striker, to interview the victors.   Why he isn’t sitting in the announce booth is beyond me.

Randy looks like a giant in the ring with the other three

Josh Mathews interviews the PTP who say they will be tag champs at Wrestlemania and then Alberto threatened Orton so it seems that feud will continue.

Next up it is time for As the Raw Turns aka the Vicki/AJ/Cena storyline.  I won’t recap as it makes me sad.  Only good thing is seeing the smoking AJ.

Next up Wade Barrett to take on Tyson Kidd.  Remember him, he was about ready to get a major push back at Money in the Bank.  Wonder who wins this one?  My guess is Kidd gets a Souvenir. 

Looks like may be they will be going with Sheamus and Wade Barrett.  His thick accent makes it hard to understand him sometimes.  Here comes the Ginger Demon (I’ll let the WWE use that if they want) and he is all jolly which I hate.

Next week it is Sheamus and Wade Barrett.  Really?  The crowd is “What”ing Wade.  Really? 

My Random Thoughts:

I might be in the minority but I really like Darren Young.  Something about him that if given the chance I think can be a great hand for WWE in the future.  I don’t see him as a World Champion but he can be a solid midcard guy.  However I think they need to build the tag division around the Prime Time Players (PTP).  I think they are really jelling as a team and have the IT factor.  Alberto on the other hand I just don’t see it and never have.  As for the face team, I have no opinion.  Orton is a two striker, meaning he has two strikes against him as far as wellness violations, so I don’t see them giving him a title run and if they do it should be short.  Same with Rey Rey and Sin Cara just hasn’t connected with fans.

Wade Barrett is on the cusp but as long as they have guys like Randy Orton defeat him over and over again he will stay there.  Not sure if he can be a top star but worth giving him a chance as they don’t have anyone else up there.

If you read my entry about sportsmanship it applies to Sheamus.  He is all jolly and making jokes about the English and the Scottish four days after losing his title.  Not a fan of this version of Sheamus.

Results:

Rey Misterio/Sin Cara/Randy Orton. Defeated Prime Time Players (Titus O’Nell/Darren Young)/Albert Del Rio

Wade Barrett Defeated Tyson Kidd

No comments: