2012/10/26

Paranormal Activity 4

I finally saw Paranormal Activity 4, a week after it was released.  As many of you know the first PA is one of my favorite movies.  I think I saw it three times in theatre.  I thought it was smartly written and made.  It also helped that I think the actress who plays Katie is beautiful.  Luckily she returns in this one and my offer to her and her demon stands, if she needs a place to stay its all good.

This movie continued the slide that number 3 started sadly.  I really wanted to like this and I didn't hate this but that isn't want companies are looking for I don't think.  Overall it was slow and I thought that a slow build is a good thing.  However then it was over and I missed the big ending and what I mean by that is that there was no big ending.

I won't ruin anything but the plot is a creepy kid next door ends up staying with a family after his mom ends up in the hospital.  Much like the other films this is all filmed in POV style.  This time a lot of it is filmed through "web cams".

I enjoyed the actors in this and the plot wasn't bad but it was lacking the big surprises.  There were a few wow moments but nothing like that first one.  There wasn't anything new here really and felt a lot like the later Nightmare on Elm Street films.  You got what you expected so you were content but didn't get anything new.

Overall if you're a fan of the series you won't be disappointed but not happy either.  I had hoped they would end the series after 3 and I really hope they do after this one.  It is long in the tooth at this point and I don't want people to get to the point where they groan at the thought of the films, especially after the first two were so extremely well done, in my opinion.

1 comment:

Dan O. said...

Good review Geno. I didn't hate it as much as everybody else did, but it is coming to a point now where this series needs to do something with itself, or it's most likely going to be dead by the 6th movie.